need that recipe for chocolate cake with vinegar

outofhistree, Feb 16, 9:58pm
in it. something like this. 2cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup cocoa. wet mix 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, vinegar. mix the two together. very moist and make a huge cake

245sam, Feb 16, 10:05pm
this one outofhistree?

"German Chocolate Cake
I make this all the time, made one on saturday 2 BOWLS – DRY MIX 2cups self raising flour 2 cups sugar 3/4 - 1 cup cocoa WET MIX 1 cup milk 1 cup lukewarm water with 1 dessert spoon vinegar 2 eggs 125gms melted butter 1tspoon baking soda mix the wet with the dry & bake about 3/4 - 1 hour 180 i always double this which makes a huge cake & is great for birthdays etc ENJOY! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! TOPPING FOR ABOVE CAKE 250grms coconut 125gms butter 2 egg yolks 1 can carnation evapourated milk 1 cup sugar mix all in pot & cook until thick make sure to stir so it does not stick/burn spread on top of cake, i only use this now & then but is my fav with this cake but just a nice icing is fine.
posted by trader125"

The above recipe, along with many other chocolate cake recipes, can be found at:-
http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=626

mooshiesmum, Feb 16, 10:30pm
This is my one and its devine and very simple

Easy Rich Chocolate Cake

Sift and then mix
2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ C cocoa
1 ½ C sugar

Add
2 lightly beaten eggs
½ C oil
1 tbl malt vinegar
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 C black coffee (cold)

Put into greased round tin, bake at 180 deg celsiusfor aprox 45 mins. Ice with chocolate ganache when cold.

Suitable for any icing but a choc and cream ganache is devine with it.

griffo4, Feb 17, 12:22am
245sam that recipe how big a tin for just the single mix please?
lt sounds really nice and l will give it a try this weekend

245sam, Feb 17, 12:49am
griffo4, I'm sorry I can't help you - that recipe was c&p'd from TradeMeCooks and is actually trader125's recipe which I have never made. :-))

wingee, Feb 17, 2:09am
Will try that recipe too, I thought you said that you had made that 245sam?

245sam, Feb 17, 2:16am
wingee, the recipe + this part "I make this all the time, made one on saturday" are ALL inside the quotation marks which indicates that it is a direct quote/copy and paste from the TradeMeCooks link that I gave with the recipe, so I can only repeat what I told griffo4 - I have never used that recipe to make that cake. :-))

wingee, Feb 17, 2:54am
Thats cool, no probs wasnt getting a you, thought I had read it wrong LOL... ... ... . looking forward to trying it out all the same. One thing is the vinegar malt? ?

245sam, Feb 17, 3:03am
wingee, if I was making that cake, yes I would use malt vinegar but if you don't have any then using whatever vinegar you do have would be ok I would think. :-))

griffo4, Feb 17, 5:06am
Thanks 245sam l will look at it when l make it and decide what tin to use l was just cheating by asking, lol

campmum, Feb 17, 5:47am
I have made the german cake numerous times. . IT IS FABULOUS! ! !
Very easy to make & I use a lamington tin or swiss roll tin size... . lined with baking paper.

griffo4, Aug 19, 11:04pm
Just made the german cake last night and boy is it moist l also did the icing but not fussed with it but l will do the cake again next weekend for a birthday.
l have dropped some off to my guinea pig, lol, and she give her verdict later, she loves the job and a great one to bounce ideas off.
Thnaks 245sam for posting it l remember seeing it earlier on but never copied it l think l will use it alot from now on l only did the single mix and that was plenty