Home made chicken nuggets

jimbob37, Jun 19, 5:19am
How do you do yours?

jag5, Jun 19, 7:54am
I make up a seasoned mix of breadcrumbs (fine) with salt and pepper, dip pieces in flour, then egg, then the crumbs and deep fry quickly. Grand kids love them.

toadfish, Jun 19, 9:14am
Destitute Gourmet Chicken Nuggets -

1 chicken breast (or 170g chicken mince)
1 slice bread(Pref wholegrain)
1 small onion chopped finely,
1/8tsp chicken stock powder or chicken seasoning, s
alt& pepper,
1 potato scrubbed not peeled,
1 egg yolk,
1 extra egg beaten,
flour and breadcrumbs for coating,
oil or cooking spray.

Mince chicken in food processor/Place minced chicken in clean bowl. crumble bread slice into fine crumbs and add to chicken mince along with onion, stock powder and s&p. Grate potato, skin and all, and add to the chicken mix along with egg yolk, which helps bind mix. Shape into 16-18nuggets or 8 burger patties. Coat the nuggests or patties in flour, dip into beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. shallow-fry in oil or spray with cooking spray and grill or bake until golden.

hestia, Jun 19, 9:44am
Basically same as #2. After crumbing, place them in the fridge for half an hour, then deep fry. Otherwise the crumbs will fall off.

phas3e, Jun 19, 10:04am
I flour, egg coat then coat the chicken pieces in crushed up jalepeno cornchips, then bake them.
I have also used crushed up cornflakes, bread crumbs and spices - improvising when I realised hubby had eaten the cornchips

theanimal1, Jun 20, 12:28am
Chicken Croquettes

80g butter or marg
small onion finely chopped
1/2tsp dried thyme1/2tsp dried oregano
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (can use chicken mince, just cook for an extra 2 minutes approx)
2 T flour
2 T chopped parsley
1 T french mustard
1 t salt
pinch black pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Melt 30g of the butter in a large heavy frying pan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until soft- about 5 min. Blend in the thyme and oregano and cook 1 min more. Stir in the chicken, flour, parsley, mustard, salt, pepper and milk and cook for 3 min. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg and cheese.

Pour the mixture into a buttered medium sized dish spreading it evenly. Chill in the freezer for 15 min or until stiff enough to shape

Take the dish from the freezer and shape into patties

Melt the remaining butter in the pan over moderately high heat and brown the croquettes for 3 to 4 min each side.

missmad, Jun 20, 6:50am
best one yet very easy very tasty and very quick~

chicken pieces dipped in a bit of mayo and then in breadcrumbs with a little seasoning, do them in the oven and it is a good healthy meal for the kids... . better and cheaper than the crappy packet ones

aktow, Aug 22, 9:05am
i cut chicken in to large cubes, i marinate in a little bbq sauce, turmeric, paprika, then i lightly flour and drop in a Tempura Batter. hallow fry and service with a home made peanut satay sauceand a curry yogurt sauce.