Gluten Free Suggestions that dont need Flour??

scannell2, Jun 13, 6:55am
Any ideas on something yummy for a gluten free person that doenst require flour?

herika, Jun 13, 7:17am
I'll bump the *Gluten Free Hints and Tips* thread up for you :)

uli, Jun 13, 9:07am
Steaks with veges, fried salmon with salad, omelet with veges, fried eggs with bacon ... hundreds of other options - what are you after? ?

maxamillion38, Jun 13, 9:22am
There is corn thins. They are really nice to have with soup. There are gluten free flours you no. Scrambled eggs. There is some nice gluten free breads but make sure its not plain as there is not much fibre in them. The gluten free stock are nice to have when making soups and stews. Far nicer than maggi stocks which have wheat in them. Have plenty of fruit and veges and protein. Most supermarkets have plenty of gluten free products to choose from.

howdy21, Jun 13, 9:17pm
snack bars... ... ... ... ...
half cup ground or finely chopped brazil nuts
1 cup oats
2 Tbsp tahini
3/4 cup finely chopped dates
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
2 tbsp runny honey
Combine all. add more oats or honey if need be.
Shape into small snack size logs and bake 180 degrees till slightly golden.

motorbo, Jun 13, 10:50pm
oats are iffy, as they are often processed where wheat is so i wouldnt recommend the snack bars

motorbo, Jun 13, 10:51pm
i whizz together, cashew butter, rasins, almonds, vanilla, cocoa powder and coconut, roll into balls and keep in the fridge, perfect chocolate fix and filling and yummy

cathnjim, Jun 23, 7:47pm
I know this is a bit late, but something delicious and decadent I make is peanut butter cookies. Only three ingredients and they turn out as if flour has been added to them. 1 cup smooth peanut butter (you can use crunchy), 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Set oven to 175 C. Mix ingredients together and put in spoonfull lots on baking sheet, flatten with fork and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes. Watch them as they burn easy. Yummy, and you can always add chocolate bits too if you want.

herika, Jun 23, 8:01pm
Hi motorbo,
Oats can be contaminated as you say but another thing about them is that they have a protein (avenin) that is similar to gluten and some people react to this. Harroways of Dunedin are very careful to reduce the contamination problem but never claim theirs are gluten free :)

buzzy110, Sep 2, 7:08am
Pavlova!