Whole baked Blue Cod

billybob57, Jun 5, 3:17am
About how long would this take to cook wrapped in tin foil. First timer doing whole fish in oven . I thought maybe simple recipe, just some olivio and salt . Any other way ppl can suggest?

billybob57, Jun 5, 3:20am
forgot to mention its 1 Kg, for cooking time

rainrain1, Jun 5, 3:33am
I'm outa here, where do you live? Slash the jolly thing 3 times across the thickest part of the body both sides... ...cooks more evenly thata way... . . Add butter after cooking, the right amount of salt and white pepper... you need nothing else except meand a bottle of vino

billybob57, Jun 5, 3:42am
Auckland , need cooking time for oven on 180 fan, come join me, I got plenty lol

rainrain1, Jun 5, 4:36am
Wish I could... ... cheers anyway ! ! ! Give it an hour and a half or so, then test... ... I have never cooked it whole, only filleted, then dipped in flour and fried in half butter, half oil... ... . plated, salt and peppered, and knobbed of buttered, then down the hatch, but always with me involved :-)

billybob57, Jun 5, 4:44am
hour and half seems a bit long, done a bit of googling for whole fish baking, time ranges from 20-45 mins , I like my fish well done but not dry, guess foil will stop overcooking a bit.

billybob57, Jun 5, 4:52am
i try 45 mins sounds about right for thickness

rainrain1, Jun 5, 4:54am
Well there you go then... . why ask?

billybob57, Jun 5, 9:19am
1 hour 180 degree, perfect LOL

billybob57, Jun 5, 9:21am
I think Cod one of the best fish ever. Right behind Salmon and Sole

mahairy, Jul 26, 8:31am
Blue cod is NZs best fish. So lucky to have it. Over here in Oz the fish is shocking! ! I shouldn't moan... the rest of Aussie is divine!

beaker59, Jul 26, 10:57pm
I think Blue cod is OK but there are heaps of better fish. My wife however who was raised on the chatham islands can't stand it and leaves the house when its cooking as they do smell a bit.

fisher, Jul 27, 1:11am
all a matter of taste... gurnard, terakihi, bluenose, hapuka,
blue cod, kingfish, and gem fish for me. . pan fried in butter/oil, deep fried, baked and smoked whichever takes your fancy... and with any sauce herbs you like. .

billybo57. . I kilo whole baked blue cod would be about 20 mins each side for me ...

wholesaler, Jul 27, 1:15am
x1
We did Bluecod last night, about 2kg in total some breaded others not (in foil) and it took about 15-20mins at 180 and it was perfect (sometimes it can take 10mins, it just depends on the thickness)

stuff_you, Aug 19, 11:20pm
x1
This does not help at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is stupid

youareadick, Feb 9, 2:02am
x1
you should try and do something useful instead of being a dick