Slow Cooker..............HELP!-!!!!!!

trinoxy, Jun 4, 3:57am
Hi, first time user... . have a Russell Hobbs slow cooker... . . It has been on for 2 hrs now and the outside of it is hot, but not the ingredients inside the pot? Can anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong?

pickles7, Jun 4, 3:59am
mmmmread your book again.

trinoxy, Jun 4, 4:00am
i have, , , i have done everything right... according to the book?

2smudge2, Jun 4, 4:15am
Have you allowed enough time for the recipe? It takes ages before it seems like it's done anything.

sossie1, Jun 4, 4:16am
it helps to use hot water from the kettle, for any recipes that call for water to be added

cookessentials, Jun 4, 4:19am
most slow cooker recipes cook for 6-7 hours or so, so it is way too early to be expecting it to be heated right through. The dish shold probably have been put on around 9amdepending on what it is that you are cooking.

fifie, Jun 4, 4:25am
What are you cooking? Always turn your cooker on to heat up while you are preparing food. Every time you lift the lid to check you cut back the cooking time by about 20 minutes, just leave it unless you need to turn or stir something, and thats usually not more than about twice. Above poster is right any recipes that need water use from jug. Sounds to me you haven't left enough time for your recipe to cook, try putting it on earlier.

calista, Jun 4, 6:24am
I have a Russell Hobbs 6 litre c/p. I notice it does heat up on the outside more that my Breville did. Still cooks well, but I put a mat under it do nothing is and any danger of scorching (I don't know if it would - just being cautious).

autocars1, Jun 4, 6:29am
It takes all day to heat through... you need to allow about 8 hours to do a meal on slow cook. I killed my cooker... I put a towel over the lid thinking I would insulate the lid and the body melted... it was a Sunbeam? ?

calista, Jul 7, 1:52pm
I killed my first one by leaving it on after I had removed the pot.