bumping again .

catzwhiskaz, Mar 2, 11:55pm
bump to read again and again

flaherty99, Mar 3, 7:39am
bumping bumping

cgvl, Mar 4, 10:08am
bump once again

grouchandco, Mar 5, 6:13am
Note of thanks thanks a lot for all the information you have posted here. Just got the good news today. I feel a lot better now I know I do not need to starve.

melford, Mar 5, 11:36pm
bumped .

flaherty99, Mar 6, 8:02am
bumpity bump . bump bump

susieq9, Mar 7, 2:28am
Further to my post. this morning I opened up a jar of peaches, no sugar added, and was dated 2006. Not a thing wrong with them. Very yummy.

cgvl, Mar 7, 11:21pm
wow thats great. My apples and rhubarb and apple is fine too but didn't bottle just froze with no sugar added.

earthangel4, Mar 8, 12:07am
cgvl thought I might freeze some fruit,as no jars to be found here,did you just throw your fruit in a bag and freeze ta

cgvl, Mar 8, 10:21am
I stewed the apples as they go to pulp which I like for making all sorts of apples dishes and muffins. Then just into a container and into freezer. We have a few marg and the round Chinese takeaway containers and they hold enough fruit for us for a meal. My mum stews fruit down in 1.5kg amounts and into an ice cream container for jam making later in year, so all she has to do is add sugar. I like the idea but don't tend to eat a lot of jam now so use smaller containers for the fruit.

hindsfeet, Mar 8, 7:43pm
Thanks for all these recipes. My hubby has been a diabetic for quite a while butI have always struggled with whats a good treat for him. We are about to change our lifestyle and going dairy farming so am looking forward to spending time in the kitchen. have saved all the recipes and will be trying them.

earthangel4, Mar 9, 6:27am
just found this thread Thankyou cgvl,sounds great,thought I also might freeze some blueberries before its too late as dh loves wholemeal blueberry muffins

cgvl, Mar 10, 6:49am
bumping once more

susieq9, Mar 10, 9:20pm
bump. for chocolate cake.

popeye333, Mar 11, 6:15am
Bump for newbie diabetic

cgvl, Mar 11, 10:01am
bumping for Lily

cgvl, Mar 13, 8:24am
bumping cos I away for a couple of days

jazzryn, Mar 15, 12:36am
Raspberry Jam 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, 1 tblsp sucaryl liquid sweetner.
place raspberries in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil gently for 10 mins or until the pulp is thick. remove from heat and mix in sucaryl. Pour in hot clean jars and seal. keep in fridge.

jazzryn, Mar 15, 12:40am
Apricot Jam 2 cups boiling water, 250 grams dried apricots, 1 tblsp sucaryl liquid sweetner.
pour boiling water over apricots and leave to soak overnight. Next day boil the apricots until soft, mushy and jam-like consistency. remove from heat and mash with a potato masher. mix in sucaryl. Pour into hot clean jars and seal while hot. store in fridge.