Chocolate Cupcake Recipe :o)

lisa7, May 28, 8:58am
I can't find my recipe it had 1 egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, water, cocoa, flour, baking soda, butter... . Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I have to make 50 choc cupcakes tomorrow, so I would really appreciate it, if you could post your fave chocolate cupcake recipe.

Thanks

cookessentials, May 28, 8:18pm
Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
* 4 large eggs, room temp
* 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract

* Preheat oven to 175C Line muffin tins with paper liners.
* In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
* In a large bowl, on medium speed of your mixer, cream butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
* Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 fulls.

cookessentials, Jun 15, 12:03pm
Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Cupcake
½ cup good quality unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 ¾ cups plain flour
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 ½ tsps baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
2 large eggs
¾ cup warm water
¾ cup buttermilk (normally found next to
premade custards in fridge in supermarket)
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup 70% cocoa solids drops
Glaze:
1 cup 70% cocoa solids drops
1 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line muffin tins with muffin liners and set aside (makes 18-24)
Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add
eggs, warm water, buttermilk, sunflower oil, vanilla and chocolate drops and mix until smooth.
Remember to scrape down the sides ensuring it is well mixed. Divide cupcake mix among muffin
cups and fill approximately 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back approximately 20 minutes. Transfer
to a wire rack to let cool.
Glaze:
Put your chocolate drops in a small microwave proof bowl (I used a dessert bowl) and heat on
medium for one minute, stir well. Continue to heat on medium at 30 second intervals until chocolate
is completely melted, stirring in between each interval. Set aside for 5 minutes. Sift in icing sugar
and add cold butter cut into small pieces. Stir until mixed. To ice cupcakes with the glaze the easiest
way is to dip the cupcake in the mix and twist slightly to cover completely and create a little curl on
top.
Cupcakes will keep for three days when kept in an airtight container.
This one is courtesy of Devonport Chocolates.