Ice cream cupcake cones

rachael211, Nov 6, 8:03pm
x1
what is the best way to cook them in the cone its self or once the cupcake is cooked push into the cone ? I am wanting to make these for a girls firs birthday. any help would be great thank you any recipes for these as well

cookessentials, Nov 6, 8:06pm
x1
You can buy a cupcake pan which looks like a cone,then all you do is make frosting for the top which looks like the ice-cream From memory,there are six in the tray.

cookessentials, Nov 6, 8:07pm
x1

rachael211, Nov 6, 8:07pm
x1
i looked at those but would like to use a real cone so they can chew on it :)

margyr, Nov 6, 8:17pm
x1
bake cup cake first and then put on the cone would be my suggestion, fill the cone with lollies as well.

pam.delilah, Nov 6, 8:24pm
x1
here is two recipe/sideas

ice-cream Cone Cupcake Recipe

One basic vanilla cupcake recipe
OneButtercream Recipe
24 flat bottom ice cream cones
Sprinkles (optional)

Preheat oven to 160C, place the ice-cream cones in the cupcake or muffin pans; set aside.
Make the basic vanilla cupcake batter, and fill the cones until two-third full.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and rotate the pan halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Once cupcakes have cooled, frost with buttercream and decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.

Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

250g plain flour
100g rice flour
1 cup of castor sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
225g unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Makes enough fir 24 cupcakes.

Preheat oven to 160C, line cupcake or muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the dry ingredients, mix in low speed until combined. Add butter cubes, mixing until just coated with flour.
In a large measuring jar, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in two parts; scraping the bowl between each addition; beat until the ingredients are incorporated but not overbeating.
Fill the cupcake liners until two-third full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and rotate the pan halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Once cupcakes have cooled, frost with buttercream and decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperate
Tips
DO NOT OVER FILL., Bake as you would cupcakes, checking for doneness in the center using a cake tester or toothpick. place some tin foil in each muffin cup....to help hold the icecream cone upright, then fill and bake

Filling tip:
Fill a disposable decorating bag with cake batter, snip the end and pipe cake batter into ice cream cones. This is much easier than pouring or ladling it in.

Three tips to keep cones from getting soggy:
1.) Do not fill cones ahead of time. You must fill cones and bake them immediately.
2.) Remove cones from pan and place on wire rack to cool immediately. Do not let them sit in the pan.
3.) Do not cover even once frosted.

Ice Cream cone cupcakes
Vanilla buttercake
90g butter softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) Caster sugar
2 eggs room temp
1 cup (150g) SR flour
2 tablespoons milk

Buttercream frosting
125grams butter softened
1.5 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
50g dark eating chocolate, chopped finely
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Pink food colouring and/or strawberry flavouring
Decoration suggestions:
Strawberry slices
Toasted flaked coconut
finely grated dark eating chocolate
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180degrees C/160 degrees fan forced). Line 6 hole texas or 12 hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, extract, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour.
3. Divide mixture among cases, smooth surface.
4. Bake large cakes for 25 minutes, small ones about 20 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
5. Make butter cream frosting
6. Remove cases from cakes. Using a serrated knife, shape cakes into calls so they sit inside cones.
7. place cakes in cones, spread with frosting, decorate with strawberries, coconut and grated chocolate
Buttercream frosting
Beat butter in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, beat in sifted icing sugar and milk in two batches. Divide mixture among four small bowls. Add chopped chocolate to one and sifted cocoa to another. Using colouring, tint one pink and leave one plain.

rachael211, Nov 6, 8:32pm
x1
thanks i think i will try both and see what turns out the best

helicooze, Nov 6, 9:16pm
x1
i made some recently, made the cup cakes first then pushed into the cone, very effective and they were the first to be eaten

cap, Nov 6, 9:32pm
x1
My sister made them in muffin tins and put them in the cone once cooked.I know someone who baked them in the cone and they said the cone started to burn before the cake had cooked so they had to wrap tin foil around the cone.I think the easiest way would be to bake them seperately.

michelle313, Nov 6, 11:59pm
x1
I bake them in the cone.I place them in muffin pans and gently place in the oven.I've never burned them and they are super easy!I find the hardest part isonce they are decorated keeping them from falling over and transporting them.So cute once they are done though!The kids love em!

rachael211, Nov 7, 12:36am
x1
i found a good idea for the transport part turn a box upside down cut holes in it put ice cream cones in like a budget drink holder lol might even cover the box make it look all cute

kiwitrish, Nov 7, 12:47am
x1
Microwave cup cakes in icecream cones.

24 to 30 flat bottom ice cream cones
1 packet of cake mix or make your own

Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Fill cones with 2 T. batter about half full. Bake six cones at a time microwave for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes on high till toothpick comes out clean. Ice with your favorite icing of just whipped cream.

rachael211, Jul 18, 6:40am
x1
the microwave idea sounds fantastic never tried any baking in the microwave tho a tad nervous about this.