Marshmallow shortcake recipe please

wyndra, May 25, 2:30am
the one made with gellat5ine, thanks.

245sam, May 25, 2:47am
wyndra, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=649

wahinetoa62, May 25, 6:30am
ooooh I love love love the edmonds cook book one... it is the best. . gosh might make some this weekend

alebix, May 25, 7:51am
I second the edmonds one... easy to make and really nice.

wyndra, May 28, 1:08am
still need the marshmallow shortcake recipe

ttwisty, May 28, 2:12am
Marshmallow slice

shortcake base

125g butter
3/4 c icing sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 c self raising flour

Heat oven to 180 and grease a slice tin. Cream butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy Beat in egg and vanilla then flour.
Press mixture into tin and bake 15-20mins or until brown

Pink Marshmallow

1 c cold water
3 drops red food colouring
1 Tbsp gelatin pdr
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 c icing sugar

Place the cold water and food colouring in a saucepan and sprinle over the geatin pdr. Add sugar then bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil gently for eight mintues the remove from the heat to cool a little.
Place the egg white in aclean bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in the icing sugar, and the slowly add the warm gelatin mixture. Continue beating until marshmallow is thick and fluffy. Spread marshmallow over shortcake base and leave to set

juliewn, May 28, 11:41am
We love the Edmonds one too - and it freezes beautifully - and ummm... can be eaten straight from the freezer!

It's a great addition to finger-food desserts for parties as it can be made well in advance and frozen till the day needed, brought out, placed on a pretty plate/platter, covered with plastic wrap and left to thaw, right ready to be served.

I also use the shortcake base recipe for a base for other slices, as it has a nice texture. . here are two. .

Add some cocoa and coconut to the shortcake dry ingredients, and bake as per recipe, add an icing that has lots of coconut included, sprinkle with coconut, and you have a chocolate coconut slice

Add dried fruit and some crushed cornflakes or weetbix to the shortcake mix, bake and ice with lemon icing. .

joybells2, Jun 16, 3:43pm
I make the Edmonds base but the top is different, had this recipe for years. dissolve 2 dstspns gelatine in 1 cup of boiling water. Pour onto 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat till thick, and nearly set, add food colouring of your choice before it thickens. Easier to make than the Edmonds one.