Gluten free people - bread??

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, May 26, 3:17am
http://www.smartorganics.co.nz/drupal/sunshine Here are some great options you may find interesting kizzier, Herika and gaspodtwd
http://www.smartorganics.co.nz/drupal/sunshine

herika, May 26, 5:47am
Thank you for that cookessentials but some of their products have ingredients in that are either suspect or not gluten free. Their Spelt Hearts are NOT gluten free! Spelt flour is not gluten free. Check out this website which is just one place that says spelt flour is not GF:www.glutenfreekiwi.com

oscarnz, May 26, 9:37am
They don't say that the Hearts are gluten free, they are only GE free, All of the gluten free items are labelled as such

cookessentials, May 26, 10:17am
SPELT HEARTS:
GE FREE
These spiced shortbread hearts are sure to be a treat. Made with Organic Spelt Flour.
INGREDIENTS: Spelt flour, sugar, butter, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice, raising powder (aluminium free), mixed spice.

Yes, only GE free not Gluten free- all the gluten free items are marked as such.

herika, Jun 11, 2:51am
Ahhhh shows how careful we need to be. Its a shame they didnt keep the non gf things on a separate page. I find this with a lot of websites and people do get caught out this way. Heres a bread recipe you may like to try that was posted a while ago:
2 1/2 cups white rice flour, 2/3 cup maize cornflour, 2/3 cup dry milk powder, 1 tablespoon guar gum, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 3/4 cups warm water, 2 teaspoons dried yeast (yellow lid), 1 tablespoon raw sugar or any sugar, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 eggs.
In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Stir to combine. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add yeast mixture, vegetable oil and eggs. Using an electric mixer, mix dough for five minutes on medium-high speed. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray. Spread batter evenly into the pan. Lightly grease a piece of plastic wrap and cover the pan. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
Bake dough for 55 minutes or until bread slightly leaves sides. Remove bread from oven and allow it to cool in the pan for five minutes. After five minutes, turn bread out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Do you have a breadmaker as I have quite a few recipes I could post if you do :)