Home made cosmetics

ry5, Sep 20, 10:31am
I got a book out of the library on home made cosmetics and fragrances and thought I'd share a few with you:Cold cream:84ml olive oil, 28g beeswax, 28ml rosewater. Put the oil and wax in a jar and stand it in a pan of hot water on the stove. Warm until the wax is just melted. Warm the rosewater; stir the oil/wax and while stirring, add the rosewater slowly. Remove jar from hot water and stir the cream until it cools.

ry5, Sep 20, 10:33am
Honey and Almond Cleanser This mask is good for blackheads:Use 1 Tb ground balnched almonds and 1/2 tsp honey and add enough milk to make a paste

ry5, Sep 20, 10:36am
Exfoliant Toning Mask 1/2 small peeled paw paw or 1 peeled kiwifruit or 1 slice pineapple. 1 craw egg white, a few drops of lemon juice. Blend these ingredients to a paste. If necessary thicken with powdered oatmeal. Leave on for up to 20 mins

ry5, Sep 20, 10:37am
Oily skin corrective mask brewers yeast, witch hazel, rosewater or any flower ater to mix. Mix to a moderately stiff paste, and leave mask on long enough to dry

ry5, Sep 20, 10:39am
carrot mask for blemished skin cooked mashed carrot mixed with plain yoghurt is recommended as a healing, drying, antiseptic mask

ry5, Sep 20, 10:41am
To tighten enlarged pores A lemon juice and egg white mask is degreasing, skin tightning and a mild bleach. Good for enlarged pores around and on the nose.

ry5, Sep 20, 10:45am
Threadveins Cold compresses of marigold flowers, parsley or comfrey leaves are the herbal remedies for threadveins. Also an increase in vitamin C intake will strengthen the blood vessel walls and help prevent bruising from minor knocks

ry5, Sep 20, 10:49am
Acne treatment Chop green beans and steep them in boiling water for at least 20 mins. Can be used as a facewash as well as a drink ( don't fancy the drink much tho)

guitarman525, Sep 26, 10:41pm
thanx for that What is the name of the book? It sounds like a good one!
and i agree with above ... the bean drink sounds foul! ! ! lol
Have a great day
cheers

ry5, Sep 26, 10:49pm
darn - I took it back to the library yesterday. I think it was just called home made cosmetics. It's quite old - from the 70's going by the illustrations, but it is written by a NZ'er. I'll try and hunt out my library slip and post authors name etc.

ry5, Sep 26, 10:51pm
just found this expired listing, but this is the book241004366

guitarman525, Sep 27, 10:59am
Cool! Thanx so much for that. I will go to the Library this week and have a look
cheers

angie461, Sep 27, 10:15pm
I did the face mask with the kiwifruit, didnt have an egg white or oatmeal so it was just kiwifruit and cremota, my skin felt amazing after and still does a few days later... It felt like it desperately needed an exfoliate and my usual one just wasn't doing the job but would highly recommend this.

kirinesha, Sep 27, 10:17pm
I remember this book... . and trying out the hair thickening recipe - worked a treat. I( seem to remember the book has fabulous illustrations too.

ry5, Sep 29, 7:35am
bumping for interested peeps

catlover28, Oct 5, 4:13am
After shampooing my hair I often pour a cup of chamomile tea thru my hair. Its gone a bit blonder

twinsforus, Oct 5, 7:58pm
Back to the top for me to come back to later!

nfh1, May 30, 9:57pm
and me - not sure when they drop off now!