Cake recipe-Urgent please

alebix, May 17, 10:41pm
Hi there,

I have a friend who is asking for a cake recipe that is not the usual carrot/banana/chocolate cake that is also tasty.

Do any of you have a recipe or idea that could work.

Your help is appreciated.

cookessentials, May 17, 10:49pm
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour, shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs, oil, sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for thirty minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

cookessentials, May 17, 10:50pm
Pam's Pumpkin Loaves (makes two)
Ingredients:
3 cups of castor sugar
1 cup salad/sunflower oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 & 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
(tsp of spices do not need to be level - up to you, but I like spicy. )
500g pumpkin, cooked and mashed
(cut pumpkin into big chunks-leave the skin on and put into a microwave proof dish with a little water and cover with gladwrap-leave a loose corner for steam to escape. Cook for 8-9 minutes-just be careful removing the wrap-its hot! ! When it is cool enough to handle, slice the skin off with a sharp paring knife).
Method:
Cream sugar and oil with electric mixer in LARGE bowl, add eggs and pumpkin, mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the water. Grease and flour your loaf tins. When you fill them, they will be close to the top of the tin. Using a cup to get mixture into tins -gets them even. Bake at 175c for 1 & 1/2 hours. Let them stand 10 minutes before turning out. NOTE:These will rise VERY high in the tin, so don't panic. I test mine with a skewer in the middle because they sometimes need a little extra time. They freeze beautifully and they keep moist for ages too

chris313, May 17, 10:57pm
PECAN PIE

200g pecan roughly chopped
¾ cup dark chocolate bits
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp mixed spice

Batter

160g butter – softened
¾ cup castor sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup almond (ground)
1 cup S/R flour
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup light sour cream
3 eggs
Icing sugar to dust

Method

1. Pre heat oven to 180 C. Lightly dust flan case
2. Nutty spice mixture – combine chopped pecans, choc bits, brown sugar and mixed spice, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and sieved flour alternately.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Place half the mixture in flan case, sprinkle on half of the nutty spice mixture. Place remaining half of batter on top and finish with the remaining nutty spice mixture.

Bake for (approx) 40 minutes or until pie springs back when pressed.

Serve with – custard, or whipped cream, or ice cream or ALL THREE! ! ! !

alebix, May 14, 8:12am
thank you so much, your amazing! ! ! ! ! !