Vegetable stack/tortilla

dorothy_vdh, May 16, 8:07pm
Please, can anybody help me?

Last week I read a recipe for a vegetable tortilla stack, but I can't remember who posted it or what the title was even named.
Does anyone have a recipe? .

margyr, May 16, 8:43pm
hi dorothy, i put one last week, easy as and yum. use a round spring sided cake tin, cube veges, leeks and garlic as well roast them in oven, put a tortilla in cake tin push it down layer of your vege, some spinach or silverbeet and some cheese sauce, build up in layers, can put baked beans, or make a mince like spag bog and alternate. final layer has cheese on top as well and then bake in oven about 150 till looking yummy. I always made these a day ahead and then sliced to required size before reheating in microwave.

margyr, May 16, 8:44pm
mushrooms are yumm too, anything really, and you can put sour creamand sprinkle grated cheese in the layers if you dont want to use too much cheese sauce. just push the tortilla down tight onto the vege.

tasmum, May 16, 9:27pm
I've just sent off this website for a friend to check out. It has a vegetable stack pie using silver beet and pumpkin. It is delicious. -www.healthyfood.co. -
nz

tasmum, May 16, 9:34pm
not too sure what i did there but should read www.healthyfood.co.nz

dorothy_vdh, May 16, 9:55pm
thank you so much, this was exactly the recipe i was looking for.
Going to make it for dinner tonight

elliehen, May 16, 10:54pm
Here's the Food Guide one:

VEGETABLE STACK PIE
Ingredients
1 bunch silver beet
1/2 pumpkin, cooked and mashed
4 tortillas
1 can chilli beans
1/2 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper
1/4 cup milk
Boil pumpkin until tender and then mash using milk, adding salt and pepper to taste.

Blanch silver beet in a frying pan and set aside (blanch with finely chopped garlic to add more flavour).

Place a tortilla in the base of a deep oven dish and layer 1/3 of the chilli beans, mashed pumpkin and silver beet. Repeat this process until you place the last tortilla on top of the stack. Sprinkle grated cheese on top to finish.

Cook under the grill for 15-20 minutes. Serve each piece with a dollop of sour cream.

dorothy_vdh, May 16, 11:37pm
that ones sounds yum as well ellihen, but I already have the other in the oven cooking as I type.
I certainly hope it turns out ok

margyr, May 17, 12:26am
let us know how it turned out dorothy, cauliflower roasted with the vege adds another nice flavour.

dorothy_vdh, May 17, 5:35am
turned out fabulously.
My husband rung and said he would be late home tonight.
This veg stack has been teasing me all day long, so I had an early dinner. Its delicious. We are hosting a pot luck dinner next month. I know what I will be cooking.
For my stack I roasted off
kumara, yam, pumpkin, carrots, lee-
ks, yellow pepper sprinkled with black pepper and garlic salt.
I also used baby spinach, broccoli and mushrooms.
Did layers of vegs with a mince bolagnaiseand grated cheese. thank you margyr for answering my question

margyr, May 12, 8:43am
mmmmmmmm, sounds yum dorothy.