Gingerbread man recipes

drex11, Dec 22, 12:27am
HELP! minor pre xmas emergencey! ... . I just realised the gingerbread cookie recipe i thought i had is actually for ginger bread not gingerbread men cookies. Anyone have a recipie? my wee boy is looking forward to making xmas cookies for his grandmother.

-thecrusher-, Dec 22, 12:40am
This is the gingerbread dough i use! Makes alot but way worth it.

250g softened butter
1 cup golden syrup
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks
5 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Beat butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and egg yolks in a large bowl with electric mixer till pale and creamy. Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and then using your hands bring dough together. Turn onto lightly floured surface and kneed until smooth.

Hope this is ok, i find it works pretty well. If you don't have the cloves you don't have to use them, i don't. enjoy :)

theanimal1, Dec 22, 12:43am
gingerbread

This recipe makes great crunchy gingerbread men. You could also use this recipe to make gingerbread hearts for Valentine's Day, gingerbread four leaf clovers (with green icing) for St Patrick's Day, or gingerbread butterflies for a girl's birthday party. Make a small hole at the top of the gingerbread men using a skewer before baking and you'll be able to thread ribbon and hang from your Christmas tree. Decorating the gingerbread at the end is super fun for kids and will keep them amused for a good hour or two on a rainy day.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:8 minutes

Ingredients:
125g (4 ozs. ) Butter
2 1/2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
2 teaspoons ground Ginger
1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg Yolk

Directions:
1. Melt butter, sugar, and golden syrup in a pot over low to medium heat. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

2. Beat in egg yolk and sift in dry ingredients.

3. Knead and roll out to 1/2cm thick. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes.

4. Place shapes on baking tray on top of baking paper.

5. Bake at 180 degrees C for about 8 minutes. They are done when the edges are golden brown.

6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack before decorating.

To make it really fun for the kids, create several different coloured icings and have a variety of sprinkles, sugar balls and mini M&M's on hand. Use the icing to stick the decorations to the gingerbread.

ICING RECIPE
175g (6 ozs. ) Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon Boiling Water
1 tablespoon Butter

Combine water and butter and stir in icing sugar. Divide mixture and add a drop or two of food colouring.
You can make icing bag by placing some of the icing in a small plastic bag (such as a plastic sandwich bag) and cutting a very small hole in one of the bottom corners.

-thecrusher-, Dec 22, 12:57am
Opps sorry, forgot to say that you cook them for 15 minutes at 180 degrees or till golden. These are great to hang on the tree as well, i made some about a week or so ago and they haven't got soggy.

rrrg, Apr 30, 3:53pm
Crusher and animal - how many do each of these recipes make. Thanks