Can anyone recommend a good blender for smoothies?

rebecca18, Jan 14, 5:46am
I wantto start making protein smoothies. Have no idea where to start looking for a good blender, suitable for smoothies. I do not want to spend a huge amount but prepared to pay a fair price for a good blender. Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome. Thank you.

nauru, Jan 14, 6:24am
Kmart appliances are reasonably priced and reliable. I'm happy with the appliances I've bought. Either a jug type blender or a nutri type blender will easily do the job. I have a nutri ninja (family present) which I use for smoothies, shakes and juicing which is used every day, several times a day during school hols when grandies come to stay.

harrislucinda, Jan 14, 6:40am
always go for the higher reves like a 900 kw or more

rumpelstiltskin, Jan 14, 6:57am
Look closely at how easy it is to clean. For example, will all the bits go into the dishwasher (if you have one), is the jug part easy to unscrew from the blade etc? Also weight. a glass jug is great from most points of view, tho becomes quite heavy when it is full of liquid.

purplefalcon, Jan 14, 7:39am
Briscoes had the Nutri Bullet on special last week for $79. I have one and it’s used daily for smoothies and it’s real easy to clean.

rebecca18, Jan 14, 9:43pm
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and advice, good to be able to start googling with a bit of info behind me now.

rebecca18, Jan 14, 10:33pm
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and advice. I'm very happy to say that thanks to purplefalcon's mention of the reduced priced Nutri Bullet from Briscoes, I have just ordered one to be delivered. There were 8 five star reviews, that was enough for me. So thank you all again from a happy shopper : ^)

gilligee, Nov 4, 12:57pm
I have a space problem so just use my stick blender!