Got a glut of chillies?

bev00, Apr 24, 9:57am
Pickled Chiliis
Soak chillies in brine overnight: 3 c water with 1 c common salt.
Drain, rinse well and dry.
Poke a hole each end of chili and pack tightly in sterilised jars, leaving 1/4 inch headroom.
Combine 3 c water. 3 c white vinegar 3 t common salt
Bring to boil and pour over chillies, leaving no headspace, remove any trapped bubbles. Seal and store.

wheelz (243 243 positive feedback) 9:35 am, Mon 17 Apr #4
Or another
Red or green chillies. 1 c water. 1/2 c sugar. 1 c cider vinegar
Wash chillies and pat dry with paper towel. With a metal skewer poke holes each end of chili, this enables preserving solution to drain into chili. Bring water, sugar and vinegar to boil, simmer 5 mins. Pack chillies into sterilised jars. Pour vinegar mixture over. Seal.

wheelz (243 243 positive feedback) 9:40 am, Mon 17 Apr #5

autumnwinds, Apr 24, 10:21am
They're pretty good brined overnight (as per above), then dried off, and put into clean wider-neck bottles and just covered with sherry. They keep for ages that way. (And the sherry's great with a little (or a lot!) in hot water, for treating a dose of the flu. )

Also good to whizz them, and freeze in icecube trays, then empty out and seal tightly to put back in the freezer.

cinderellagowns, Apr 24, 11:44am
I use Annabelle Langbein's chilli jam recipe. Its pretty simple, absolutely delicious. Every person who tries it raves about it, thinks I'm some sort of culinary genius and asks for the recipe. It was just the first recipe I clicked on when I googled "chilli jam". I like that it uses kaffir lime leaves and chilli from my garden, as well as heaps of ginger and garlic.

punkinthefirst, Apr 27, 6:14am
I'm lazy. The last time I had a glut of chillis I dropped some into a small jar of oil and threaded the rest (using a clean needle ) on strong thread and hung them up to dry.(It worked a treat) The chilli oil is great to cook with.
I will do the same next time, but I might put some into a small jar of vodka to preserve them as well. I'm told that chilli vodka is an "interesting" drink, as well!

twelve12, May 3, 11:26pm
http://www.alifeofgeekery.co.uk/2013/09/sweet-sticky-chilli-jam.html

Made this yesterday. It's beautiful!
I didn't use enough apples, so it hasn't set properly. But that doesn't bother me. Beautiful on sourdough with cream cheese.

samanya, May 4, 1:03am
Thanks, I've got a glut, too.
I made enough sweet chilli sauce last year & I've deydrated & whizzed some up for chilli flakes . so this recipe is very handy, I'll give it a go next week.

cottagerose, May 4, 5:27am
Would you mind sharing your chilli sauce recipe please Samanya as I made some from a recipe from google but am not too happy with it. Thankyou

lythande1, Sep 29, 7:15pm
100g Chillies
1.2kg Sugar

Jesus! Sugar overload. I'll stick to sauce or freezing them for later