hottest chillies ever !

Page 1 / 2
cuppers, Mar 29, 6:45pm
i have half a dozen plants of the infamous "ghost chillie" of Bhut Jolokia. they are only small plants and i will have a minimum yield.
would anybody be interested in in buying one to try.
these are the worlds hottest chillis. very hard to get here.

traceedwards, Mar 29, 6:46pm
"An entire chili is an all-out assault on the senses, akin to swigging a cocktail of battery acid and glass shards. "

I'll be keen

jag5, Mar 29, 8:02pm
Do they have seeds? Can you save some and sell them on? Otherwise, yep, I will be keen to try, and then grow some myself.

fisher, Mar 30, 3:09am
yup... keen here...

nala2, Mar 30, 8:37pm
I used to grow and sell 50 dif chillies, I would be very interested in growing them. Have never grown them or seen them.

winnie231, Mar 30, 8:42pm
I'd be keen too ... and if anyone gives you grief here about self-promotion, feel free to join the Trademe Cooks group on facebook. I set it up for just this sort of thing so folks can contact each other easily.

nala2, Mar 31, 6:00am
As a side issue I read the other day that the Indian Government is going to make grenades containing this chillie and use it in riot situations.

fisher, Mar 31, 6:21am
Cuppers... happy to trade for somePimento, Jalapeno and Hungarian wild fire chillies if you wish...

enzu, Mar 31, 6:49am
That was one of the questions on this morning's Stuff trivia quiz. I didn't know the answer so thanks for enlightening me

cuppers, Apr 1, 1:07am
hello all, surprised at the response to this. kind of did it on a whim. under no circumstances will i be selling the whole plants. they be my babies. the seeds take 4-6 weeks to germinate and i spent a lot of time looking after them.
Should anyone wish you purchase a chilli i will sell them for $10 each. these will be picked, immediately sealed in a vacum bag, wrapped in bubble wrap and posted by fast post to your address.
If you think this is expensive try sourcing the seeds and see what they are charging for those. the beauty of buying a dead fresh one is that you will have ample seeds for next year to grow a load of your own & you get to try one.
in the event of smaller size chillis i will send 2. i am awaiting the first to begin to change color.
should any body want habanero seeds, i can also help out there. 30 seeds for $7 & that includes postage. Habaneros are the second hottest in the world and i eat loads of those babies. they have a fruity flavor but then kick you like a mule. that is a very cheap price.
next week i will post a photo so you all get to see what they look like.
planning to eat the first one raw. me and a friend are going to halve it. could be ugly.

cuppers, Apr 1, 1:26am
Winnie, can you pleasepost a link to the trade me cooks group please.

this was the first time i have used this section of trademe and am now thinking i shouldnt be trying to sell stuff here ? can anyone enlighten me ?

pickles7, Apr 1, 3:17am
Go watch people eating them on you tube, lol. Ghost chilies, or Bhut Jolokia will get you there. I was given 36 seeds from an Indian neighbour. .

jag5, Apr 1, 8:35am
It is against Message Board rules to self promote, but as you haven't got an auction up yet, you are not self promoting. You have been gauging an interest only. And no contact details either. So... . . get an auction up and see what happens.

rossco20, Apr 1, 4:33pm
Cuppers,
I have 4 plants growing but i don't think I'll get any fruit this season.
They take some time to propagate. I have more seeds that I will plant this spring.
Have you tried the Jolakai sauce available on TM? I have seen my mates drop to the ground trying it.
Bhut Jolokia rates at just over 1000000 scoville heat units.
I have obtained seeds of the Naga Morich which is rated at 1500000 scoville units.
I don't know who is going to eat these. Certainly not me.

daisy86, Apr 1, 11:50pm
Cuppers - I'd like to try them. Or rather Mr Daisy would be keen! Are you going to list them in an auction?

traceedwards, Apr 8, 7:34am
Yeehaw...

Looking forward to it #1

twindizzy, Mar 12, 10:01pm
How would you store some bad boys like these?

Oven dry, air dry or freeze?

patxyz, Mar 12, 10:08pm
On a sunny windowsill worked for me.

Dont get any of the juice / oil on your hands.The frikken stuff stays under your fingernails for days regardless of how much scrubbing with a nailbrush you do.

Makes scratching sensitive areas a tad painful.

pickles7, Mar 12, 10:42pm
You tube???? ya selves.

aktow, Mar 13, 4:36pm
you are wrong. the hottest chilli ever is the Infinity chilli. which is in the Guinness Book of World Records. the Bhut Jolokia is number 2

twindizzy, Mar 13, 6:36pm
Naga Viper is actually hotter than Infinity....

twindizzy, Mar 13, 10:01pm
How would you store some bad boys like these!

Oven dry, air dry or freeze!

pickles7, Mar 13, 10:42pm
You tube! ya selves.

fisher, Mar 14, 9:32am
1. -- 1,349,000 SHU Naga Viper chilli
2. -- 1,178,988 SHU- Pauls Cornish Naga
3. -- 1,176,182 SHU Infinity Chilli
4. -- 1,067,286 SHU ChilliPepperPeter Naga
5. -- 1,041,427 SHU Bhut Jolokia

welderman, Mar 14, 10:38am
the indian naga chilli is supposed to be the worlds hottest