Converting fresh chillies to powder.

lochanora, Sep 26, 2:59am
I have a recipe for Tomato Relish that states use 12 chillies or sub for powder. Would anyone know how much powder to use!

davidt4, Sep 26, 3:24am
It depends very much on what kind of chillies and chilli powder are intended.I'd err on the side of caution and use 4 tsp of chilli flakes, or 3 tsp of chilli powder, which is hotter.

lochanora, Sep 26, 3:59am
the recipe said 12 chillies so I am thinking red but I will be usong Greggs chilli powder. thank you

taurus2005, Sep 26, 9:34pm
use 1/2 tsp, then taste.

guest, Jan 11, 9:31am
I apcptriaee you taking to time to contribute That's very helpful.

guest, Jan 13, 2:04pm
Meaning MY Mum's best recipe? Well, as a gaenrel rule, the woman can't cook but she did get a few things right. Here is my favorite meal from childhood:Wyoming Beef Supper (guess where I grew up! )Ing:2 lbs. stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces1 lg. onion, diced1 c. water4-5 lg. potatoes, thinly sliced1 can cream of mushroom soup1 c. sour cream (1 8-oz tub)1 1/4 c. milk1 tsp. saltPepper to tasteflour1 c. shredded cheddar cheese1 1/2 c. crushed Wheaties (you can also use crushed potato chips, bread crumbs here)Toss meat in flour. Cook meat and onion until brown. Add water and heat to boiling. Decrease heat; simmer for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour meat mixture into ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Stir potato slices, soup, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper together and pour over potatoes.Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle crushed topping and cheese over potatoes. Heat until cheese is melted and topping is browned.

guest, Jan 14, 10:05am
I have never made this dish ..probably because I don't reislh fruits added in the food...even the Kashmiri pulao has pineapple in it.I think I should give it a try..the colour of your fried rice looks so inviting...the taste must be equally good too.