Chocolate Slab Cake

molly37, Jul 27, 1:31am
Not sure what a slab cake is. But a chocolate cake i made recently was absolutely yummy and super moist. Was made with Best Foods Mayonnaise.

buzzy110, Jul 27, 3:45am
Is this the sort of thing you mean by a Chocolate 'Slab' Cake?

I make this once a week makes a small rosat pan size cake

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.

This recipe was originally posted by hooksie60

buzzy110, Jul 27, 3:46am
Here is another posted by doug57

I have a 'similar' recipe. which gets made each week here. dead easy!

4 T oil, 1.5C sugar, 2 eggs. 1/2 C cocoa, 2C sr flour, 1 tspn Bicarb soda, 1 tspn vanilla ess, 1C boiling water. Bung in a bowl and beat well.
Place in greased cake pan and bake 40-45 mins [180/350] This is moist and rich. Ice with choccy icing!

doug57

willman, Jul 28, 8:13pm
I suppose one can call a Chocolate Cake in a Roasting Pan a Slab Cake, a great cake for a big Family and I have seen some great recipes, Thanks.

What I was looking for , was a cake made in a a Sandwich Tin size, sort of thing, I imagine, just sort the measurements, I suppose!
Thanks All.

willman, Jan 11, 1:12pm
I was just reading the wonderful Chocolate Cake thread, and it reminded me, That I would like a ' Chocolate Slab Cake' recipe.
Has anyone a recipe for this, please.
Many thanks, for any help.