Boat Boys Chocolate Cake

bowiefan, Jul 14, 2:25am
Hi another trader told me to look the above recipe up but I haven't the time to wade thru the 174 pages, can anyone help me?Was posted on here not sure how long ago thanks.

valentino, Jul 14, 2:34am
Best choccy cake

2 cups sugar,
1 3/4 cups flour,
3/4 cup cocoa,
2 eggs,
1 1/2 tsp baking soda,
1 tsp salt,
1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 cup oil,
1 cup milk,
2 tsp vanilla essence.

Mix together.
Add 1 cup boiling water.
Will be really runny, don't panic.

Bake 180 35-45 mins.

Super moist and yum.

This chocolate cake is moist, cheap and easy to make. Great for large families. 3 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 6 tabs cocoa, 1tspn salt, 2 tspns Baking Soda, 1 tspn Vanilla, 3/4 cup Oil, 2 tabs Vinegar, 2 cups water. Mix all ingredients together and bake in oven tray or similar dish at 180 for approx 30mins. Ingredients sound weird but it is absolutely brilliant, very tasty and moist, my 10 year old makes it.
Boatboy

245sam, Jul 14, 2:36am
From Trademe Cooks.....

"Choccy Cake ( Very Moist)
Yield: 1 Batch Ingredients: 2 cups Sugar, 1 3/4 cups Flour, 3/4 cup Cocoa, 2 Eggs, 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda, 1 tsp Salt, 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder, 1/2 cup Oil, 1 cup Milk, 2 tsp Vanilla essence. Procedure 1. Mix together. 2. Add 1 cup boiling water. 3. Will be really runny, don't panic. 4. Bake 180 35-45 mins. 5. Super moist and yum.
posted by Boatboy"

bowiefan, if you're wanting to find a specific recipe or topic there is no need "to wade thru the 174 pages" - the search option at the left side of the main MB allows you to add a Keyword and a Date posted option (if unsure use the"Last year" option) and that search will find any threads with those relevant keyword(s), thus eliminating the need to search endlessly through a whole MB.:-))

pixiegirl, Jul 14, 9:34pm
hi bowiefan - it is the one valentino posted above - it is me you were talking to on my hubby's a/c - it is really the best choc cake I have ever made.I double the mix and cook in big roasting pan for parties etc.Ice with ganache - this is what I do - say 250ml chream and 250ml chocolate melts - melt choc over low heat and take off heat and mix in cream - mix really well together.I normally make this up several hours before I want to use it and just put it in the fridge till ready.If I am using the roasting pan one I cut it in half (use a piece of cotton to do this - much easier than a knife) fill centre with choc cream put top on and ice.This cake stays really moist for ages, freezes well - just the best cake ever.Now that you have found the TM cooks site dont be a stranger - it really is a great site.I will see if I can find you the link to fisher's site where the older lot of TM recipes is stored - but will be later on as flat out at the moment.Enjoy.PatDid you end up getting one of the other tins for your daughter?

pixiegirl, Jul 14, 9:36pm
yes also the same as 245sam posting.Do try it you wont be disappointed.Plus also if you are looking for something in particular use the search button as 245sam mentioned - sometimes saves you lot of time.

bowiefan, Jul 15, 2:52am
Hi ok thanks everyone I am new to the message board and recipes even tho I have been a trade me member for years!!I hadn't noticed the search to the left I had tried the other one and it just come up with a whole lot of auctions lol.Thanks again and will try the recipe.

imrae1, Jul 15, 3:37am
I have made that recipe for years and it always comes out the best

bowiefan, Jul 15, 5:32am
I forgot to ask if its really runny do you not bother lining the tin?