Gluten free Marzipan

whistle, Dec 6, 6:19am
can anyone help with recipe for above

cgvl, Dec 6, 6:40am
You would probably have to make your own. Read ingredients and check, main problem is if there is wheat in the icing sugar.
Royalty brand claims to be gluten free and I see Pettinice claims to use maize flour/cornflour which is gluten free also.

nanasee1, Dec 6, 6:51am
2 cups gluten free icing sugar, 1 well beaten egg, 50 g melted butter, 1/2 bottle almond essence, 1 cup GF flour mix. Put into food processor and mix until it comes together

davidt4, Dec 6, 7:03am
Are there no almonds in this? Marzipan is normally made from almond meal, sugar and egg and is gluten free provided the almond meal is not contaminated.

whistle, Dec 6, 7:18am
brought has wheat glucose which not gluten free

whistle, Dec 6, 7:21am
marzipan wanted for inside a fruit cake

cgvl, Dec 6, 8:00am
Almonds whole or ground, sugar and g/f icing sugar. You need to grind almonds if whole to a powder. Add sugars and an egg white and enough water to make a stiff paste. Knead until pliable using either maize cornflour or icing sugar. Sorry I don't have quantities but maybe someone else will. I very rarely ice my cakes now.

nauru, Dec 7, 7:23am
Just make your own marzipan, sugar, ground almonds and egg. You can use this to decorate your cake or use it in the cake. This is the recipe that I always use, just use all sugar instead of the icing sugar or make your own icing sugar in a food processor :
Rich Almond Paste
350 g (12 oz) ground almonds
175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
175 g (6 oz) icing sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
½ lemon, juice only
Few drops Almond Essence
This is sufficient for top of 20-23 cm (8-9 inch) cake.
Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Add lemon juice & essence then just enough beaten egg to make a pliable paste, lightly knead before rolling out to cover cake. Allow marzipan to dry for a couple of days before covering with fondant or royal icing.

uli, Dec 7, 9:25pm
For a better result use finely ground peeled almonds (available at any supermarket if you do not want to do it yourself), icing sugar if you can get gluten free one otherwise cater sugar (you can whizz it in the food processor for a bit to get it finer and just 1 egg white to bind it all together. Almond essence gives it that bitter almond flavour now that it is illegal to sell bitter almonds. A bit of lime juice is optional.

uli, Dec 7, 9:26pm
Interesting recipe, what do you use it for?

whistle, Nov 25, 11:04pm
put in center of fruit cake