Nestles Hottest Baker

Page 2 / 2
willow99, Feb 13, 9:01am
i've made two batches of scones since seeing them hand rolled and they turn out brilliantly. I now know why I hated making scones - I just had a rubbish method.

ferulz, Feb 13, 9:05am
willow99, where abouts did you buy the stem ginger from? I have been wanting to make that cake as well but I cant find stem ginger anywhere in the supermarkets.

willow99, Mar 2, 11:44pm
This probably wont be seen by ferulz, but I didn't use stem ginger (I embarked on quite the insane hunt). I ended up using crystalised ginger that you get in the bulk bins. Grated it down and it worked well.

indy95, Mar 3, 12:13am
For anyone who has trouble finding stem ginger or ginger in syrup the Asian markets usually have it in stock.

fruitluva2, Mar 3, 12:51am
Does sky show repeats of the shows? Trust me to go online before it started and miss viewing.

missmalice, Mar 3, 1:37am
I think they show it on the Food Channel as well :)

fifie, Mar 3, 5:50am
Its on the food channel tonight 7pm-7. 30pm tonight. .

mikesamdylan, Mar 3, 7:27am
Recipe please? they sound yummy! !

pam.delilah, Mar 3, 8:24am
Lemonade and cream scones.

4 C Plain flour.
4 tsp Baking Powder.
Pinch salt.
1 Small 300ml cream.
1 can (333ml) of lemonade,

Put dry ingred. into a bowl. Pour in the cream and lemonade.
Mix to just combined (if you want to add fruit add to dry ingred).
DO NOT KNEAD. Pat slightly (till it's about 1 inch thick) onto well floured sheet.
Cut into shapes.
Cook on 200c for about 15mins. Keep shapes close together when cooking it stops them from drying out.

Can usegingerale or use soda water for savoury scones,
Can add a cup of grated cheese or a cup of sultanas or dates

mikesamdylan, Mar 3, 8:32am
Thank you! !

alebix, Mar 3, 9:32am
gingerale in scones, brilliant idea Pam... .

maynard9, Sep 27, 2:13pm
Friend had everything in bowl ready to put l/ade in - none in cupboard, only L & P so used that and has never gone back to l/ade. I haven't tried them myself but she and her family are sold.