Nestles Hottest Baker

Page 1 / 2
fifie, Feb 11, 9:42am
Anyone watch tonights episode? Liked the guys pav, that was some pav well done i thought for a young guy. Scones i was dissapointed inwill be interesting next week with the 3 things they have to bake in the time frame... .

alebix, Feb 11, 10:14am
I loved seeing the pavs... its a shame most looked the same though... but yes, Graysons pav was lovely...

I did like the look of Stephs scones. . shame about the warm pav though...

next week looks good.

dasfi, Feb 11, 5:45pm
I missed the end. Who went home & what are they doing next week? ? ?

sumstyle, Feb 11, 6:06pm
Steff went home. She overwhippped her cream, put toomuch sugar in her pav, and then put the cream on her warm pav... she called it slop when she served it up and I couldn't help but agree.

dasfi, Feb 11, 6:16pm
yea i agree i thought it should be her.

maynard9, Feb 11, 7:37pm
I saw somewhere that "Grayson" is Russell Coutts' son.

mary-poppins, Feb 11, 7:50pm
I made the brownie from last weeks show 'Amy's Brownie' or something similar - its beautiful... . I've made it every night this week so far

mary-poppins, Feb 11, 7:51pm
not us just eating it - funny how people know when baking has left the oven... . .

fifie, Feb 11, 8:31pm
I was keen to see the pavs to, and see what toppings they come up with, maybe learn a few tips lol, must be hard having to talk to the camera, cooking, working out different ways to do all the challenges they throw at you but i guess a good baker can do all this. #8 love the smells of baking when its left the oven, little fingers appear from everywhere, and its hard to get things cooled and away, without them all being devoured, next week will be good with a little more pressure on... .

lizab, Feb 11, 8:53pm
Why would some of them have made the scones first? It was just crazy when you had to make a pav too! ! Was interested to see that the warm pavs came off the baking paper a lot easier then when cold - I will definitely try that when I make one next time instead of leaving it in the oven to cool.

fmgirl, Feb 11, 8:58pm
I couldn't understand doing scone first either, they only take 10 minutes to bake, and they had two hours.

Next weeks challenge is making a slice, a piped biscuit and a normal hand shaped biscuit and one of them must contain chocolate - if it were me I'd make chocolate fudge slice, yo-yos and fudgey chocolate chip cookies.

fmgirl, Feb 11, 9:03pm
I had entered, I can certainly bake as well as the people on it, but the format puts me off entering again. Obviously not OTT enough for TV

sleyle, Feb 12, 2:34am
Did anyone listen to More FM at 2. 30 today to get the question for this week? I was in my car which only gets to 90FM and I asked two people to listen out for me and they let me down.

fmgirl, Feb 12, 3:17am
disappointed nobody made lemonade scones they're my fav

micon310, Feb 12, 3:21am
Anyone remember the 1 ingredient Karen put in her egg whites plz? ?

fmgirl, Feb 12, 3:33am
she put saffron in

sleyle, Feb 12, 3:59am
Hmmm, over in general they are saying cranberry juice and lemon zest, so what is it? Can't remember, shouldn't have deleted it off MySky!

micon310, Feb 12, 4:03am
sleyle im thinking its the sefron ingredient but not 100% sure.

snuzal, Feb 12, 4:06am
is that the older lady? She put Saffron in, gave it a pale yellow coloring.

Personally thought the show left a lot to be desired.

willow99, Feb 12, 4:10am
Show is a bit of a mess, but I'm picking up loads of tips of what to do and what NOT to do.

Honestly I'm not a fan of making scones. Watched how they made ten last night and managed to whip up a totally scrummy batch this morning.

I'm going to give graysons pav a go. Oh and the stem Ginger cake from last week, I made it and got heaps of great comments.

wingee, Feb 12, 4:24am
Where did you go to get the recipes please?

pam.delilah, Feb 12, 5:20am
go to tv 3's website for all the recipes

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Default. aspx? TabId=973&showid=18667

EPISODE ONE – COURTNEY – COOKIES BROWNIE

cookie brownie Ingredients:

200g butter
3 free range eggs
1 cup Nestle Baking Cocoa
1 ½ cups sugar
1 t Vanilla essence
½ cup flour
1 x Slab of Nestle White Chocolate chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 150 degrees
Grease and line tin
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla
Add sifted flour and cocoa
Fold in chopped chocolate
Bake for 30-45 mins at 150 degrees

alebix, Feb 12, 8:51am
I saw that a few scones looked liked they were hand rolled to get that desired shape.

Im going to try it next time I make scones...

miss_vampy, Feb 12, 9:54am
I didn't know this! Googled him found this news article so looks like you are right.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/news/3300817/Sailors-son-
bites-the-bullet

He's very easy on the eye.

duckmoon, Feb 12, 10:22am
they said on episode one, that he was the son of NZ's most famous/successful sailor... And I thought "he isn't Peter Blake's son"... But googled it to discover that he was Sir Russels (blick) son - the jaw is the same.