Lunch with family.out of ideas.Help

molly37, Aug 30, 6:25am
The family are coming for Fathers Day Lunch on Sunday. I'm wondering apart from the usual like buns, chicken, salad,quiche or even a pulled pork what is something different i can do? Whats your favourite go to?

245sam, Aug 30, 7:17am
molly37, are your family likely to be interested in making their own wraps? - tortillas, hummus, meat/fish/eggs/cheese, salad greens, cucumber, etc. or if the weather's going to be appropriate, how about some soup?
My first consideration would actually be the favourites or particular likes of the Dad or Dads in your family group, then I'd build on that depending on the ages of and likes/dislikes of all.
Good luck - I hope you all enjoy being together on Sunday - those Family Days are IMO so special and to be enjoyed while all able to do so. :-))

awoftam, Aug 30, 7:19am
It depends on what your family like. and ages i.e. you could do a retro lunch; sausage rolls (home made), club sandwiches, chicken nibbles, fruit and cheese etc with a sweet to finish (I know my dad would love this).

molly37, Aug 30, 7:22am
Nice idea! My DH loves Carrot Cake so daughter is making him one. Her husband and new Dad himself loves "everything". I really enjoy these days too, real memory makers.

sarahb5, Aug 30, 9:40am
My kids would choose a traditional Sunday roast or lasagne as their favourites

cmw1983, Dec 31, 4:44pm
Barbecue if it's fine?