Let's talk about vanilla bean..

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, Jun 1, 1:25am
am I selling it on Trademe? ? I think not. I happen to use it and love it and sorry you have taken what I said out of context! !
I could very well have mentioned that YOU sell it, but it is against Trademe rules. Also, I think you best also note that I have not mentioned that I sell it either! !

cookessentials, Jun 1, 1:28am
I had actually thought that I might purchase some from you, not so sure now after that little outburst.

uli, Jun 1, 6:56am
Well there is a lot that is against TM rules nowadays - LOL.

You cannot even link to a recipe site any more - if that site also has a forum ... pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

While the trademe cooks site on facebook can still be linked I gather ... go figure!

cookessentials, Jun 1, 9:44pm
I think perhaps the Trademe Cooks site is vastly different. I also think there are people who genuinely do not realise that you cannot ut up details of your own website/contact details etc, while there are also those that constantly do it and no doubt call attention to themselves.

purplegoanna, Jun 1, 10:01pm
i use tahitian in my stewed fruits for pudding in winter, very nice if you add a broken pod to stewed pears... .

uli, Jun 2, 4:40am
I am glad you cleared that up once and for all cooks :)

willyow, Jun 3, 11:17pm
I think if someone asks where to get something and you happen to be selling it on Trademe, it is OK to point that out on theseMessage Boards. After all it's promoting Trademe- I couldn't imagine Trademe gettingemotional ifit's a response to a question. Plugging brands that are NOTsold on Trademe is a bigger issue I would have thought!

uli, Jun 4, 2:14am
willyow - TM doesn't like us to link to any other site that has the possibility for people to contact each other.

Most food blogs have that option, so does the TM cooks facebook site, the TM cooks recipe site (which closes next month), and most recipe websites have forums attached or the option to send PM's.
TM sees this as an option for us to get in touch with each other about a sale which is then done directly rather than over the TM auction process. Even though all we want to do is tell people there are good recipes on that site, go and have a look instead of copying and pasting it all on here.

If someone asks here about a product and some else sells it they are allowed to point out that they sometimes sell it, but not link to it - as far as I understand - so it is up to the person asking the question to check that posters listings.
However that poster him/herself is not allowed to "advertise" on the message board - many had their wrists slapped with a wet bus ticket over that one LOL :)

So yeah it can become a bit complicated here at times, but never mind - if you do it wrong TM will contact you and tell you off for it. Then you know!

cookessentials, Jun 4, 3:27am
sorry but Trademe do not allow it - take a look at the rules on the terms and conditions page.

cookessentials, Jun 4, 3:28am
it is a little more complicated again uli as you well know. i have tried to help people before in regards to cookware and had my post removed by the "voters", so it is not just Trademe.

uli, Jun 4, 6:44am
I am not talking about the nanas voting posts off cooks - I am talking about TM's rules and regulations. And they will e-mail you as you well know and tell you that you have transgressed if you have.

So lets not make it more complicated as it is and just have no links and TM will be happy. I am sure everyone knows how to use google and select "NZ websites" ...

willyow, Jun 8, 6:22am
Well - I'vedone it and no-one's complained - certainly not Trademe. You'd better report me for being evil! ( I just thought I was being helpful! )

cookessentials, Jul 18, 6:43pm
Oh dont worry, they will eventually, take it from me- been there, done that.