BEAN SALAD (KFC) STYLE

rozke, Dec 26, 9:20pm
Just found on Helen Jackson site. 2cups cooked green beans, 1cup butter beans, 1cup kidney beans, 1 finely chopped green capsicum 1cup finely chopped celery, 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1cup sugar, 1/2 cup boiling water 1/2tsp salt, 1/2tsp black pepper, 1/2cup oil, 1cup white vinegar. METHOD. put beans capsicum celery onion in bowl, Dissolve sugarandwater in pan then ADD salt pepper vinegar and oil. Pour over beans.Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.Salad keeps for ages.

jfd, Jan 1, 12:26am
Or.... 1 can of watties bean salad. 1 can opener. Voila!

rozke, Jan 1, 3:24am
gone off it lol/ last 1 l had tasted horrible wasnt my usual brand

terraalba, Jan 1, 3:53am
All that sugar! Why does it need so much?

macac, Jan 1, 5:53am
Made this for tea tonight. Yummy thanks.

onthemap1, Jan 6, 9:23am
YUMIm keeping this one!Thanks

shazzadude1, Jan 6, 9:25am
Whoa you're not wrong there. Is this bean salad or Russian bean fudge?

talent.scout, Jan 6, 9:31am
it does need that much sugar... its like sweet and sour... my mum has made this salad for years too... love it.I add lots of cracked pepper to mine, to give it the same look that the KFC one had.....

fisher, Jan 6, 10:27pm
Clone" KFC" Bean Salad
2 cans of mixed kidney / haricot beans. 1 can green beans1/2 finely chopped green / red capsicumsmall chopped onion.
Drain cans and reserve the liquid. Mix all other veges together.
Place the liquid from the cans in a pot and add about 1/4 cup white vinegar and 2 tbsp white sugar. Heat and addblack ground pepper.
"Slightly" thicken with a wee bit of cornflour and water.Mix beans / veges in while the sauce is still hot. Let cool and serve.

harty3, Oct 15, 2:01am
google, kfc anglefire . for the real bean salad,all kfc recipes are on that site .