Beef Stirfry

rainrain1, Nov 16, 9:27pm
I would love a finger lickin' sauce please. don't care about calories.

valentino, Nov 16, 10:10pm
I too like to try different ones now and then and here is one that I was quite happy with, is different that goes away from the Oriental ingredients, LOL.

Cut an onion into thin bite size wedges and stir fry in a wee bit of cooking oil until clear or succulent.
Add thin bite size beef strips and fry until well browned.
In the meantime, make up a mixture of 1-2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste and ½ cup water or beef stock into a small bowl, mixing all thoroughly. Add some salt & Pepper to taste.
Add a bit of sauce to the beef and stir it thoroughly, add some more and repeat until tastes to your liking. Serve.

Note: Can use a nice red wine instead of stock/water.

rainrain1, Nov 17, 12:25am
Thanks for that valentino

valentino, Nov 17, 1:04am
No problems but am surprised none others have come forth yet.

Cheers and all the best.

fifie, Nov 17, 1:51am
Make this for chicken and beef sometimes. Tablesp soy sauce, teasp honey, OR 1/2 tablesp br sugar, dash worcester sauce, 1/4 cup boiling water, chicken of beef stock cube. 1/4 cup cold water, heaped teasp cornflour. S/p.
Dissolve stock cube in boiling water, add sugar, worcester sauce, soy sauce,mix cornflour in cold water mix all together. Add to cooked meat and veg, toss all till it thickens, if to thick add some boiling water.

rainrain1, Nov 17, 4:21am
All good thanks fifie, keep 'em coming. Dam maggi beef stock has gone rock hard in the container, I need a mini jackhammer to get it out.

davidt4, Dec 3, 9:04am
1 tab Peanut oil
3cm fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
400g beef rump or sirloin, cut into thin strips
2 - 3 spring onions, white part in 2 cm lengths, green part finely sliced
1 tab Shaoxing wine
2 tab light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add ginger and garlic and stir fry a minute until starting to brown. Add beef and white spring onion pieces, stir fry 1 minute. Add Shaoxing wine and soy sauce and stir fry 1 minute. Turn off heat, add green pieces of spring onion and sesame oil, toss briefly and serve on a heated serving dish.

Variations: add 100g toasted cashews, or sliced red capsicum.