Nadia's self saucing pudding

tjman, Apr 1, 1:20am
Hi Guys,
I have just found at the back of the pantry Nadia Lims pkt of self saucing pudding from My Christmas food bag. Anyone still have the instructions at all please. Still in date so that's a plus!
Cheers. Tracey

flossie27, Sep 29, 6:57am
This is the recipe from Nadia's Christmas bargain box. I think you will need more than the pkt of self saucing pudding mix to make this though.

Christmas Self-Saucing Pudding
1 pack pudding mix
1 cup milk
120g melted butter
1 pack dried fruit mix
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Sauce
60g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3 1/2 cups boiling water
1 teaspoon Christmas spice mix

To serve
50 ml cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celscius. Grease a large baking dish with butter (measuring about 32 long x 22 wide x 6cm high). Bring a full kettle to the boil.

1. Place pudding mix in a large bowl, making a well in the centre. Add milk and butter, and whisk until smooth. Gently fold through dried fruit mix and vanilla essence until combined. Pour into baking dish and gently shake to evenly distribute mixture.

2. In a medium bowl, mix all sauce ingredients together and stir until butter melts. Carefully pour sauce over the back of a large spoon, over pudding batter. The spoon will ensure the sauce stays on top of the batter.

3. Cook for about 40-45 minutes, until pudding has risen a little and batter is cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes. Pudding may look quite saucy on the surface still, but the batter underneath should be cooked.

4. In a bowl, whip cream and vanilla, until soft peaks form.

To serve, divide Christmas self-saucing pudding between bowls and serve whipped cream on the side.