I bought some cheap seafood marinara mix

jills3, Jul 2, 5:14am
but now I am home I have absolutely no idea how to cook it. Any easy idea would be appreciated thank you.

priscilla2, Jul 2, 5:26am
I sauté it with onions and garlic ,and pour in a jar of pasta sauce and toss through cooked spaghetti,serve with parmesan cheese on top.Very easy.I also add a bit of sour cream to sauce.

herself, Jul 2, 5:29am
You could add the marinara mix to a seafood chowder. yum!

edited a spelling oopsie.

jills3, Jul 2, 5:59am
Thank you priscilla2 and herself, will take your advice and see what it turns out like, thank you.

nauru, Jul 2, 7:01am
I use it to make a chowder and any leftovers make seafood pies.

samanya, Jul 2, 7:16am
I use it to make a marinara tarty type dish or chowder . Google Countdown recipes . they are there somewhere & good.

joybells2, Jul 2, 7:32am
Saute in butter and garlic, make a white sauce and add to it, stir through pasta.

245sam, Jul 2, 7:53am
This recipe was in a very recent Countdown circular.

MARINARA MIX CHOWDER
650g marinara mix
50g sugar
½ onion, finely chopped
1 leek, finely diced
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 large all-purpose potato, peeled and chopped into 1 cm pieces
¼ tsp each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup each of flour and white wine
2 cups whole milk
1½ cups fish stock
1 cup corn kernels
grated rind of 1 lemon
½ cup chopped parsley

Heat the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, then add the onion, leek, carrot, celery and potato, and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, until the onion is softened but not coloured. Add the salt and pepper, garlic and white wine. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and sift over the flour, stirring to combine. Return to the heat and cook, stirring until the mixture starts to thicken. Add the milk, stock, corn, marinara mix and lemon zest, and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes until the potato and marinara mix are cooked through. Just before serving season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves 4-6.

Hope that helps. :-))

poppysinger2, Jul 2, 9:58am
Also very yum and super easy to make a seafood red curry or green curry or laksa soup using those spice pastes available in packets or jars in the international bit at yr local supermarket ! Much much cheaper than the takeaway version too .

vonkrum, Apr 14, 9:11am
we add a jar of leggos tuna bake and a tin of tuna to bulk out. Sometimes a can of corn pieces. Over the top mashed potato and cheese grilled on top. Sort of like a seafood shepherds pie.