Recipe please for Duck Breasts?

bigwheel, May 8, 2:27am
Please does anyone have any recipes for cooking Wild Duck breasts? ? ?

_rob_, May 8, 4:57am
This is my own concoction and has worked with resounding results. I take it you're using parrie breasts, beingt that duck is a very lean meat I use at least half a kilo of middle bacon in my caserole to keep it moist. Dice your breasts into cubes cmxcmish, put enough flour (bout ½cup) in a large ziplock bag with some Green Onion Stock, salt n pepper, add the duck cubes shaking the bag to cover the cubes in flour. Fry the floured cubes in hot oil til browned then put in caserole dish or slow cooker, in the same pan fry off the bacon (sliced to suit your preference), and an onion, then add to caserole, from here on in add whatever to your caserole for your taste, mixed herbs etc. Sorry I don't have an actual recipe or measurements it all comes from the head and varies time to time but that should get you well on the way. Enjoy

_rob_, May 8, 5:00am
With the caserole it goes without saying to add water to cover what you have in there, you can also make up some of the liquid with a stubbie of Speights in lieu of some the water. I've also added veg like cabbage mixed frozen, kumara and spuds in the past.

acr123, May 8, 6:14am
Wild Duck casserole
Rub chopped up duck breasts with cut clove garlic. Brown in butter then place in casserole dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Add rest ingred and cook in moderate oven 180c for 2 hours.
ingreds: 1/2 green pepper chopped, 1-2 glasses red wine, 3 rashers bacon, 1 bayleaf, sprig rosemary, 2 onions chopped, 3 tomatoes sliced and 2 tbsp brown sugar.

bigwheel, May 8, 8:58pm
Thanks you Guys & Gals they sound yummy, "Moth"( Man of the House! ! ) was up again at 3am this morning so guess there will be more today! ! ! !

bigwheel, May 9, 9:04am
8 more today! ! Any more recipes out there? ?

chooky, May 9, 9:12am
We collect the duck breasts and freeze, when we have enough, take them to the local butcher and they make them into sausages. This is only for the parrie breasts. I have also been told they make lovely salami. Dont think hubby and son will get enough this year, dams too low in the winterless north. The rain flew over here today in 2mins flat.

aqua7, May 9, 11:12pm
Got this recipe out ogf fish & game magazine, and have had great success:

Marinate duck breats in red wine, soy sauce, black pepper and oil over night. Cook breasts on hot pan for 3 minutes on eac side, and then oput into an 180 degree oven for 15 minutes and rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix 1 tin of blueberries, some duck or chicken stock and some red wine and boil until reduced by 1/3. Serve over breasts.

bootsnall1, May 9, 11:25pm
I just slice the breasts thinly and crumb them. . delish... . . it's the way my duck hunter likes them. .

aqua7, May 9, 11:33pm
I saw Nigella Lawson make a Thai Duck salad yesterday - she made a dressing with fish sauce, fresh ginger, orange juice, lime juice, fresh chilli and sugar, and then puored it over warm thinly sliced duck breast and served it with salad leaves - looked yummy!

bigwheel, May 10, 7:21am
Thankyou so much great recipes will let you know the results! ! !

solarboy, Apr 18, 1:58am
She always does look yummy ! :-)