Christmas Festivities-Your plans-UPDATE

daarhn, Dec 18, 5:44pm
How is everyone's plans? We all ready, set, go, for the onslaught?

My plans have changed drastically. Now just the 2 of us while she is recovering from a triple bypass and home for the Big Day. Now to redesign the menu.

lythande1, Dec 18, 6:29pm
Plans.
Granddaughter comes over, opens far too many presents.
Have nibbles made, eat some.
The end.

lilyfield, Dec 18, 6:55pm
Plans ?, on my own, walk down to community feeding to see if they want some help

kaddiew, Dec 18, 7:54pm
Plans. 2 family members calling in for quick brunch, then the rest of the day is mine.

muffin2, Dec 18, 9:07pm
We are going to Chch on Tuesday (from Akld) so spend with wifes family - her mum has bought a large turkey and I will make the Apricot and pistachio stuffing (if I can remember the recipe)

uli, Dec 18, 11:22pm
Plans? Just another day here, feed the animals, milk the cow, water the garden, harvest what I want to eat .

davidt4, Dec 18, 11:37pm
Just another day here too. Water the garden, harvest some veges and herbs, maybe have some duck breast and salads for dinner.

herself, Dec 19, 12:55am
We will be with family on Christmas Day. It will be very special. We all live scattered around NZ and everyone is making sure to be together this year before some of the young ones begin their overseas travels. We will be sharing love and laughter along with lovely food and good times.
Merry Christmas to you all.

daarhn, Dec 20, 7:21pm
Oh Lord give me strength, I'm about to delve into the quagmire and wrestle with the trundlers, rabids and ques. time to wander aimlessly round the aisle selecting Xmaz goodies for the occasion. I've held off long enough. and I'm yet to put up any lights or decorations.

dibble35, Dec 20, 8:11pm
We are all getting together on the 27th this year. Lunch and presents at my sisters, few games, few drinks. Dont know what im actually doing xmas day. Will be very quiet I imagine. Me the dog and cats, will open their presents, have some yummy snacks that i wouldnt normally buy for myself. Or if I can convince dad we could go out fishing, havnt been out for a long time.

daarhn, Dec 21, 8:09am
I can't remember the last time I did presents. must have been as a kid

rarogal, Dec 21, 9:30pm
We had ours yesterday and it was an awesome day. For the 25th we will be on our own for the first time in our lives. but also at the beach so the other fav time in my life!

sampa, Dec 22, 12:00am
Staying home and have just placed an order for a kilo fillet of King Salmon that hubby will be hot smoking for our lunch. I'll do the really hard part and make a salad to go with. Then kick back and spend the afternoon reading one of the books I know I'll be getting as a pressy. He'll probably go off to fly his new whirly thingie gadget that son has bought him as a chrissy/thank-you present for helping him out heaps these last few months. Shhhhh. don't tell. ;-)

Best wishes for a happy day to everyone no matter how you intend to spend it.

maynard9, Dec 22, 12:29am
Ours is on Boxing Day as eldest arrives from LA at 1pm that afternoon.

It will be very special as the first time in 11yrs I have had both our sons home for Xmas - then the youngest gets married on Jan 9 - with 90 coming for BBQ after ceremony. and we are doing the food.!

After that - well I think I will sleep for a week

Merry Xmas everyone

arielbooks, Dec 22, 2:33am
Buffet lunch for 30 adults and 12 children, all prepared by moi. I don't trust any of the others cooking skills.

Sounds big but will be a walk in the park just more prep.

ruby19, Dec 22, 5:27am
Family gathering here too, at SIL, about 20 of us. We all are allocated our dishes to spread the load.

daarhn, Dec 22, 9:51am
yet to shop for xmaz food. stressed? yeah nah. whip in flick the trolley round the joint grab this n that then throw it all together night before then Laissez-faire the 2 main days. It would be great to be a big slush for couple days- "Liquid diet thanks Mrs M"

dorothy_vdh, Dec 22, 11:03pm
we are having ours on christmas eve, but just this morning we have been invited to my daughter in laws family dinner, so that will be lovely too
But I now need to find 4 silly secret santa gifts, any ideas

botim, Dec 23, 3:42am
Wake up, wait for teenage daughter to wake up, open pressies, cook, clean and prep for BBQ lunch. Eat, referee fights,wash up,wave goodbye to family, swear never to do this again. Mrs B

juju40, Dec 23, 4:14am
My plans - finish nightshift at 7am, home 7.30am, sleep til hopefully 10.30. Get up and prepare lunch 5 adults. Finish lunch around 3, tidy up and do dishes. Off to inlaws (30 mins away) for tea, hopefully home by 8pm so I can get a couple of hours sleep before nightshift again.

sarahb5, Dec 23, 7:18am
Very different for me this year - first Christmas since my husband left so trying to make it busy and different so I don't have time to think about it - my kids will be here and my brother and his kids too. The food will be incidental to having family together.

daarhn, Mar 8, 9:51am
have changed the menu so many times in my head to the point it may just be a bowl of greens and veggies from the garden and bypass the whole shindig. Menu depends on funds and now that my gerl told me lastnight she is moving out there he comes a chunk of rent for Xmaz each week to find. grrrr