Dinner for eight

duckmoon, Oct 26, 8:12am
Yesterday was great, had people over for dinner, the meal included a child ( and our kids).

We had burgers, and spent less than thirty minutes in the kitchen, and served eight people.

As part of my job, I need to have folk for dinner from time to time.

I don't want to spend anymore time than I need to in the kitchen.

But don't feel I can serve burgers to a dinner for adults.

Suggestions please.

sarahb5, Oct 26, 8:25am
Spaghetti carbonara is my go to quick dinner - everyone loves it (except my 18 year old!) - serve with garlic bread and a bag of mesclun if you feel the need for vegetables. In summer Greek salad served with lamb steaks and tzatziki - can be served in wraps too.

awoftam, Oct 26, 8:35am
Paste boneless chicken thighs with pesto.
Pat on fresh breadcrumbs that have been whizzed up with some kalamata olives.
Drizzle with butter and bake.
Meanwhile Open a tin or 2 of delamine tomatoes with garlic and simmer till the sauce reduces a bit.

Serve the chicken on top of the sauce, and serve with a green salad.

Interesting thing - people that love olives often comment on how olivey this dish is, while people that hate olives tell me 'you can't taste the olives'. Hmmmmm

rarogal, Oct 28, 8:56pm
Or similar to above. allow a small chicken breast per person. Place in a shallow dish and slather with basil pesto, top all over with thick slices of Roma tomatoes then sprinkle with mozzarella (I often just use ordinary cheese). Bake at 200C for 30-40 mins.

buzzy110, Aug 8, 10:48am
Whatever you decide upon, vegetables are always nice. In fact I plan the vegetables then decide what protein to have - i.e. vegetarian, fish or meat.

Vegetables make a meal imo.