Biscuits with chopped up Oddfellows in them

wasala, May 30, 8:41am
Does anyone remember making these in the 1980s? They had loads of butter and were really minty and delicious!

firefly001, May 30, 9:12am
I had a cheese cake with chopped up oddfellows at a friends birthday party also in the 1980s and yes it was delicious!

slimgym, May 30, 7:14pm
I used to have that recipe I think its like the lolly cake but smash the Oddfellows first

whitehead., Jun 3, 3:17am
i must know how do you smash the oddfellows

wasala, Jun 3, 6:00am
I used to put them into 2 or 3 plastic bags then smash at it with a hammer on the path outside. It was very satisfying actually. I just wish I had the recipe now.

turtlet, Jun 3, 6:18am
The recipe is on stack of recipes. If you google recipe oddfellow biscuits stack of recipes you will find it. I'm on my ipad so not so easy to copy for you.

wasala, Jun 3, 7:09am
Thank you! That's great. I'll have a look right now. While I'm in Nostalgia-land perhaps I should also make Jo Seagar's famous Cameo Cream Dessert - yum!

timturtle, Jun 3, 11:36pm
Peppermint Slice 12 peppermints (oddfellows) 1 Pkt Choc Slims ¼ to ½ can condensed milk Crush peppermints and biscuits then add condensed milk, refrigerate to set, ice with choc icing, sprinkle with choc hail. Can be rolled into balls and covered in coconut or choc hail, after firming in the fridge Lite con milk is fine, and if you double it, it should be a full pkt of mints from memory, can use Jaffa Thins.

lcl2, Jun 19, 9:06am
Try this one

150g butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
1/2 cup oddfellows - smashed with a rolling pin into small pieces.

Cream b & s, mix in egg, add then dry ingredients and roll into balls. Place on a cold tray - flatten with a fork and bake at 180 C for 10-15 mins