where is a good place to buy gluten free flour?

familychch, May 7, 8:05am
I had a quick look in the supermarket today but didn't see any thing... .

msfit1, May 7, 8:09am
bin inn

gaspodetwd, May 7, 9:15am
depends which brand. Orgran or Bakels - or make your own? I get mine from Pak n Save (I use orgran) as it is the cheapest place to buy it from - and I rarely use it. I buy cornflour in bulk from my Asian supermarket and use that! Bin inn does stock it Gf flour but it quite $.

angie461, May 7, 8:08pm
You can buy it from mst supermarkets in chch, most of then have a gf section alternately you can buy pre packaged from the gluten free bakery (Worcester st near stanmore rd) or the gingerbread man in greers rd also on blenheim rd, they go un der another name now.

cookessentials, May 7, 8:22pm
You can also purchase gluten free products ( amongst other things) from Huckleberry Farms online.

2halls, May 7, 8:23pm
In my opinion, the best place (and by far the cheapest) place to by GF flours in CHCH is at Moshim's on Durham Street. Between Vino Fino and South City. He has a wonderful selection and the prices are terrific. I buy rice flour, fine ground cornmeal and buckwheat flour there and am always delighted with the quality. :-)

herika, May 8, 8:40pm
It depends what type of gluten free flour you want or can have and what you want to use it for, baking, bread, thickening sauces etc. I dont use the expensive packet blends because of the additives etc in them, I just use white and brown rice flour, potato flour and maize cornflour mostly and sometimes almond meal. I buy them from Bin Inn. I find the rice flour in the packet at the suermarket way too gritty and not very nice. Some flours, such as buckwheat, are gluten free but unfortunately some people cant have them as they are a cross-reaction food or too much high fibre.
I dont think supermarkets have any other gluten free flours and different places have different products too.
Your local health shop may be able to help you too :)

clothesitis, Apr 13, 6:49am
is this to make bread in a bread maker? Im looking for an easy failsafe recipe for bread in a breadmaker - cant seem to get it right and wasteing soooooo much money trying?