Wanted "Chocolate chip cookies with brown sugar"

hairchopper1, Nov 4, 8:16am
A few years ago I found a quick & easy recipe here for chocolate chip cookies using brown sugar, I've lost mine & just made some using a new recipe of the net ( not so good ) does anybody have that greatest recipe? Tia

mooshiesmum, Nov 4, 8:33am
I have lots of greatest recipes! lol

But this one is delicious for a chocolate chip cookie with both brown and white sugar - so good - cook less for more chewy - more for crunchy

http://justamumnz.com/2014/01/20/best-ever-chewy-yummy-chocolate-chip-cookies/ But lots more delicious recipes under this tab
http://justamumnz.com/sweet-treats/

Any questions just holler :-)

245sam, Nov 4, 9:00am
Is the recipe you're wanting one of these harichopper1? They're from the former Trademe Cooks.

"Chewy chocolate chip cookies
I Haven't tried making them yet though. CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 1/2 c. butter 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/4 c. white sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 egg 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 sm. pkg. chocolate chips 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 c. nuts (optional) Mix well and bake at 325 degrees for about 6 minutes or until barely turning brown.
posted by archiver

My favourite choc chip biscuit recipe
500g brown sugar, 500g caster sugar, 150g butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 egg, 1 and a half cups self raising flour (2 teaspoons of baking powder to a cup of regular flour makes self raising I think. Double check that). Cream sugars with softened butter, stir in vanilla essence. Beat in egg. Add sifted flour and mix until mixture forms into dough. Mix in chocolate chips. Form into small balls and place on a greased baking tray. Bake at 180 for 10-15 mins. If you want a more chocolatey taste, mix in about half a tsp cocoa to the mixture. Makes about 30. These spread so give them plenty of room
posted by beadedjewellery

evil yet fab cookie recipe- like mrs higgens !
INGREDIENTS 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit 1/2 if using salted butter) 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (170g) 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 egg yolk 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips DIRECTIONS Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. refridgerate dough for few mins or freeze til firmish. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. I make smaller cookies and get about 30-36 biscuits. I tried substituting muesli with nuts and seeds for choc chips and worked fantastically. also you can do the old macadamia and white choc, double choc chip, peanut. FABULOUS but evil. Dough is blardy nice raw too this recipe takes 10 mins and you can keep the dough for up to 2 mths. the biscuits usually last a few days and you can freeze them once cooked to avoid eating them all
posted by behrer

Nigellas choc cookies
Ingredients 125g dark chocolate 150g plain flour 30g cocoa, sifted 1 tsp b s ½ tsp salt 125g unsalted butter, softened 75g light brown sugar 50g caster sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 egg, cold from the fridge 350g dark chocolate chips Preheat the oven to 170C/325F Break 125g dark chocolate into pieces and place into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Place flour, cocoa, b s and salt into a large bowl, mix well. 4. In another bowl, cream butter and two sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and stir well. 5. Beat in the vanilla extract and crack in the egg, then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop out 12 equal portions of the mixture, place onto a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 minutes, then test with a skewer - it should come out semi-clean and not wet with batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
posted by pam.delilah" :-))

245sam, Nov 4, 9:22am
oops, my apologies for the typo in your username, hairchopper1. :-))

rainrain1, Nov 4, 9:46pm
Jills Choc Chip Biscuits

¼ lb butter
3 ozs brown sugar
4 ozs flour (more if needed)
1 tsp BP
½ cup choc chips
1 tsp golden syrup

Bake 170dC approx. 20 – 25 mins
Ovens may vary. watch it!

madj, Nov 5, 4:45am
'Cookie Time' cookies

These are close to the real thing.

Makes 24-26

225g butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups plain white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease an oven tray.
Cream the butter , white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs into the mix one at a time, and then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then stir into creamed mixture.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Place rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking tray.
Bake until light brown, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool.

bev00, Jul 18, 2:08am
Mmmmm choc chip cookies