chocolate chip cookies

fishheadsoup, Mar 1, 6:15pm
made many a version of these but cant seem to get one that holds its shape, not that i dont like the ones that spread and are chewy they are yum but want one that stays in the shape help with this would be appreciated thanks

245sam, Mar 1, 6:35pm
fishheadsoup, have a browse through:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=615

You'll find a number of chocolate chip cookie recipes there (e. g. Triple chocolate chunk cookies, Melt & Mix Choc Chippies) - hopefully there's a recipe or two there that you haven't already tried. :-))

leesil, Mar 2, 3:20am
the ones that spread out usually have melted butter in them. when you cream the butter and sugar it shouldn't get much softer than margarine. try that - it should work.

lisa7, Mar 2, 8:03am
My fav recipe is Sante Biscuits in the Edmonds book, they are so yum. It is a challenge to get the dough onto the baking trays to bake, before little thieves start eating the mixture!

tapuwer, Mar 2, 9:20am
125g butterfew drops vanilla essence
¼ cup sugar¼ cup coconut3 Tbls condensed milk½ cup choc chips1 tsp baking powder1 ¼cups flour

Cream butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
Sift flour and baking powder together. Mix sifted dry ingredients and choc chips into creamed mixture.
Roll tablespoonful of mixture into balls. Place on a greased oven tray and flatten with
a floured fork.
Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes

timetable, Mar 2, 9:28am
i use this one from allison and simon holst's lunch box recipe book - its brill!

i just double the amounts when i make it: 75g butter creamed well with 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 egg. then add 1/2 cup choc chips, 1 cup flour and 1/2 tsp baking soda - add more flour if a bit tacky. you can either roll the mix into a sausage and then slice into rings the thickness that you like or roll into balls and fork down - if you do large balls they come out like the big cookie time cookies! ! really nice - the longer you leave them in the oven to brown the crunchier they are - enjoy! ! !

dollmakernz, Mar 2, 9:43am
Many Biscuits
500g butter
1½ c sugar
¼c condensed milk
4c flour
4tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar and condensed milk.
Add sifted dry ingredients and blend in.
Divide into 4 or more portions as desired.

Variations:
(a) Chocolate Chippies: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and chocolate
chips.
(b) Cherry: Add ½ teaspoon vanilla and or almond essence top with cherry.
(c) Almond: Add 1 teaspoon almond essence top with almond.
(d) Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon or spice and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
(e) Ginger: Add 1 teaspoon lemon essence, 1 teaspoon ginger and, chopped
crystallized ginger.

Roll in balls place on trays and flatten or press with fork.
Bake.

Cooking Temp: 180°C 15 minutes

willyow, Mar 2, 10:04pm
Try splitting a vanilla bean and adding the vanilla bea seeds to the bakingmix - even more fabulous. Vanilla beans are really cheap and superb quality on Trademe - unlike supermarkets and gourmet food stores

melandshane, Mar 2, 10:29pm
Nice self promotion there! lol

willyow, Sep 26, 12:14pm
What me self promote? Try searching these threads for people likecookessentials- you'll get pages of threads where they've posted in just the last month. If it's useful, I suppose it's fine.
I presume the end game is to get people to click through to their squillions of listings.