The best chocolate chip biscuit recipe?

books4nz, Dec 1, 9:22am
I'm looking for a chocolate chip biscuit recipe that's very decadent, an outstanding biscuit that would make a gift for a special someone who's favourite biscuit is a chocolate chip biscuit.
Would anyone like to share a recipe please? Thanking you.

fxx99, Dec 1, 9:23am
Any recipe that has condensed milk in it.

kay34, Dec 1, 9:27am
Chelsea Winters recipe is super yummy - might be on her website.

books4nz, Dec 1, 9:32am
Thanks - the recipe I've used has it in, would like something extra special, whatever it has in. I saw a recipe made with brown sugar, wonder how that is?

willyow, Dec 1, 4:45pm
Whatever recipe you use - try adding some macadamia nuts - pieces not whole - and make sure they are raw not roasted. The macadamias in the bulk bins are not that good as they tend be quite old and stale - if you can get your hands on some fresh NZ grown ones ( you'll be astonished how great they taste compared with the bulk bin variety). We get ours off the Nut Guy at the Britomart Farmers market on Saturdays.

valentino, Dec 1, 6:55pm
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened - not melted
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
300 grams white chocolate chips
150 grams chopped macadamia nuts
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180°.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 5cm apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned, under cook them rather than over is the key to a lovely cookie. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container. under cook them rather than over is the key to a lovely cookie

kay34, Nov 23, 7:50am
yup, only one i use now