Caramel help pls

dn_filly, Dec 12, 11:11pm
i make my caramel in the can in the slow cooker, and i have a couple that have half the can still with a bit of sugar crystal thru it. is there a way to salvage it?
i have seen something a bout making the caramel in a glass jar,(in the SC) but i dont have one with a lid.
can i just heat it thru a bit more in a pot on the stove? will that work?
or in a dish in the microwave?

TIA :-)

valentino, Dec 13, 3:05am
Hmmm, couple of half-tins, how old and why was it all not used in the first place.

Sorry but about 4 hours and no reply to this sort of confirm how I think, best to get rid of them, not worthy of any risks that they could have.

Oh, next time, use a nice quick recipe for a much nicer Caramel, there are plenty around, just ask. Far better than that tin stuff.
Cheers

dn_filly, Dec 13, 5:20am
the tin was full, its not a half empty tin :-)

i dont use the caramel in the tin that u buy pre made. i cook the condense milk in the slow cooker and it turns into caramel :-) much nicer.

i think that it just wasnt cooked long enough, coz its just the bottom bit (not quite half) that the sugar hasnt dissolved properly. just dunno if it will be ok to try re-heat it in a pot. dont want to burn it or anything. but i dont want to waste it.

kirmag, Dec 13, 5:25am
Make lolly cake

valentino, Apr 20, 5:45pm
Quite often do a mixture of sugar heating first the adding cream and the sugar goes funny sort - of - crystalising so put it onto some heat and stir constantly and it smooths out. Maybe this may work ?

I was thinking of the tin, what tin can give off if not right.