Gourmet toffee caramel apples - HOW??

..smashpalace.., Nov 3, 11:04am
Anyone tried making these delicious treats that have a caramel toffee covering? Can you share how to make the caramel?

Or is there a caramel toffee lollie you could melt down? McIntoshes?? Those light brown and white fudgey ones??

Any ideas helpful - THANKS :)

bella95, Nov 3, 11:35am
Read a recipe a couple of days ago where they melted ready made toffees and dipped the apples then drizzled them with melted chocolate. Don't remember the quantities though sorry. Those brown caramels with the 'white' stripe are great for melting and re using - sorry can't remember the name - they're bagged, cut into squares but not individually wrapped. Good luck.
Oh just looked at your post again those light brown ones are the ones I mean.

deus701, Nov 3, 1:50pm
here looks like an easy recipe

http://www.squidoo.com/apple-recipes

245sam, Nov 3, 7:39pm
bella95, I believe that Jersey Caramels are the sweets you're thinking of.:-))

elliehen, Nov 4, 6:01am
In the US the caramel comes as wraps in a packet.I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something similar here in a specialty shop.

..smashpalace.., Jul 15, 11:09pm
Ok update:

Jersey caramels purchased from bulk bin in New World. Melted down nicely but still had a few smallish lumps.

Used broken down chopsticks for the sticks as skewers too skinny - "broken" end into the apple.

Rolled washed (to get rid of the wax) granny smiths in the caramel and allow to set in fridge till semi hard. Then I needed to use a fish slice to get them off the baking paper - rolled the ends in crushed Oreo bikkies and drizzled the top stick part with white chocolate.

Glad to say they were a real hit as going home party favours - yum!! And best of all - easy peasy. Will try crushed jaffas, pecans and other experiments...