Caramel condensed milk - tried and true recipe?

carlos57, Nov 26, 5:01am
I've been given an open can of caramel condensed milk (auntie accidentally bought it instead of plain). I have searched on here and found a recipe from a while ago, but no one reported back on how it turned out. I have a supper to go to tomorrow night, and thought that a slice or similar might be nice to take. Any tried and true recipes? TIA

jaydan1, Nov 26, 5:37am
Is there a nice recipe on the tin?

carlos57, Nov 26, 5:50am
Hi. The recipe on the tin is for caramel chocolate muffins, which may be nice, but I was wondering if a slice would be better for the supper. Thanks :)

elliehen, Nov 26, 6:34am
You can trust 245sam :)

gardie, Nov 26, 6:34am
Banofie pie - probably some recipes here if you'd like to do a search.

marks6, Nov 26, 9:47am
Made the Banoffi pie tonight was Fantastic... and easy

carlos57, Nov 26, 6:15pm
Just a quick question about the slice - I presume the caramel needs to be completely cold before the chocolate is put on? TIA

jessie981, Nov 26, 8:50pm
Chocolate Caramel Muffins (Jessie981)

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.

245sam, Sep 8, 2:46am
- Thanks elliehen.

Now to answer your question carlos57....."Just a quick question about the slice - I presume the caramel needs to be completely cold before the chocolate is put on? TIA"

Yes, after baking the slice with its caramel filling the recipe states "Cool.Melt the Dark Melts following the packet directions . Spread over the caramel; chill until set. Cut into bars with a warm knife.":-))