Choc caramel cups

cillamaria, May 16, 9:00am
Hi - hoping someone out there can help...

sometime since April 15 there was either a Canvas (Herald) or a Sunday (Star Times) recipe for chocolate caramel cups - It was a recipe where you put some kind of chocolate mix put into little cupcake liner thingees and then you swirled some of that bought caramel into it at the end.I think it was their Easter spread? I feel it was the Canvas magasine with Donna Hay?Anyway I ripped the page out at the time but have lost it and would love the recipe if anyone out there has it - I've looked at Donna Hay's site and on the herald site too but no luck.

The picture of them was on the left hand side of the page and they just looked little caramel swirly things

Thanks if you can help

ksr, May 16, 9:57am

cillamaria, May 16, 10:37am
thanks ;-)))

buzzy110, May 16, 11:42am
Here is the recipe you asked for:

Chocolate and Caramel Swirl Kisses
400g Dark Chocolate - chopped
½ cup Pouring Cream
2Tbsp store-bought Caramel Filling - whisked

Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Remove from the heat and pour into 2 x 12-hole muffin tins lined with paper cases.
Top with a dollop of the caramel and use a metal skewer to create a swirl.
Refrigerate until firm.
Remove from the fridge and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 24.

It all seems simple enough. I assume it sets and can be removed intact from the paper case. I had no idea you could buy a pre-made caramel filling.

griffo4, May 16, 9:41pm
Thank you ksr for that link l have now found another foodie site to trawl round for yummy recipes and l have a couple l want to try out for the weekend

cillamaria, May 17, 12:55am
ooh thanks so much for the recipe - and that blog is quite tempting to peruse

ksr, May 17, 6:41am
You are welcome!Here are two others I like:http://teaforsix.com/andhttp://teaforsix.com/

cillamaria, May 17, 9:00am
Hi - hoping someone out there can help.

sometime since April 15 there was either a Canvas (Herald) or a Sunday (Star Times) recipe for chocolate caramel cups - It was a recipe where you put some kind of chocolate mix put into little cupcake liner thingees and then you swirled some of that bought caramel into it at the end.I think it was their Easter spread! I feel it was the Canvas magasine with Donna Hay!Anyway I ripped the page out at the time but have lost it and would love the recipe if anyone out there has it - I've looked at Donna Hay's site and on the herald site too but no luck.

The picture of them was on the left hand side of the page and they just looked little caramel swirly things

Thanks if you can help