Choc cake recipe?

narnas1, May 25, 1:09am
saw one on here couple of weeks ago and made it, was really really good, But now can t find the paper that I wrote it out on and cant find it on here either. Had 2 cups flour 1 1. 2? cup sugar 2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 cup cold coffee, 2 eggs? , 1/2 cup oil? and I think 1 cup milk. Does anyone know the recipe? , and are these the right measurement? . Hopefully someone can help 'coz the kids want to make it again. TIA

245sam, May 25, 1:31am
narnas1, you may find the recipe at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=626

cookessentials, May 25, 1:31am
was it on the "cakes" thread?

dollmakernz, May 25, 1:42am
x1
I got this one on here but haven't tried it yet.
CHOCOLATE CAKE (BLOODY GOOD )
Mix in order -2c sugar, 2 eggs, 1c yogurt (any flavour), 3/4c cocoa, 200g melted butter, 2t baking soda, 1 1/2 t vanilla ess, 1/4 t salt, 3 c self raising flour (or 3c flour and 3 t BP) 1c black coffee. Mix all together, makes 2 round cakes or a roasting tray full, bake at 180*c till knife comes out clean when tested (about 30 min)

nova40, May 25, 1:59am
This is a good one too... very easy all in the same bowl. .

CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE

2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
2/3 Cup Cocoa
2/3 Cup Oil
1 Cup Milk
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 eggs
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence

1 Cup of warm black coffee with (2 tsp coffee)

Put all ingredients in bowl and beat for 2 minutes then stir in coffee and cook at 180 degrees for 45 – 1 hour depending on size of cake tin.

narnas1, May 25, 3:10am
Hi Nova40, that's close to the recipe, the one I used didn't have baking powder, and I think it only used 1 1/2 cup sugar and less oil - only 1/2 cup ? , Thanks everyone will try them and see how I go.

indigojo, May 25, 3:40am
I made the one in post #5 last week for miss 5 party - it went down really well... great cake...

petal1955, Mar 29, 4:07am
have just made this and its a beaut recipe.nice and light and very easy to make.........

nova40, Mar 29, 6:03am
Yes this cake is beautiful and seems to last for days, anyone who has tried this has wanted the recipe...what I like about it is it is all in one bowl and takes 5 minutes to put together...

guitarman525, Mar 29, 10:12am
Thanx nova40 for your great chocolate mudcake recipe.
I have just finished making it and thought it was delish.
A lovely moist light cake.

nova40, Mar 29, 9:17pm
Great!Easy and a Winner in our house, the kids even make it and ice then decorate... enjoy