Wanted: Basic White Loaf Bread Recipe breadmaker

stefw, Sep 5, 4:56am
Hi all, does anyone have a tried and true basic white loaf bread recipe for a breadmaker. I used to have a no fail recipe but have since misplaced it. thank you. It was something like this from memory: 3 cups flour, oil (unknown teaspoons), 1 teaspoon salt and sugar and unknown mils cold water, plus yeast?

antoniab, Sep 5, 6:25am
For a 1kg loaf: 350ml water, 2 Tbsp oil, 2 tsp salt (I use 1), 2 Tbsp sugar (I use 1), 4 1/3 c flour, 2 Tbsp milk powder, 1 tsp bread improver, 1.5 tsp yeast :)

clawed2, Sep 5, 7:29am
300mls not too hot water
3 cups high grade flour
2 tspns sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tb low fat milk pdr
3 tsp red cap yeast
2 tb oil

nauru, Sep 5, 7:54am
My recipe is the same as clawed2's except I use 1 teasp sugar and 1 tablesp oil. I use the same recipe when making ½ and ½ with wholemeal flour and add 1½ tablsp gluten flour. Sometimes I also add 1 tablsp each linseed, poppyseed and chia seed to that recipe too.
Never had a fail when using that recipe. It's pretty forgiving as you can play around with it.

razell, Sep 6, 7:20am
I have used this recipe with 2 different breadmakers and it's always been good for me

2 1/2 C flour - white or mixed with wholemeal
1 T milk powder
1 T sugar
1 t. Salt
1T oil
2 t yeast with bread improver
300 mls water. - I'm a bit flexible with the water, my original recipe called for 250ml and it wasn't enough. I started looking at the dough and adding more water until it was sticky when it was being mixed.
Cook on the white bread setting for small loaf.

lythande1, Nov 9, 11:43pm
3 cups flour
1 /12 tsps yeast
250mls water
1 tsp salt

Milk, oil, butter etc is just if you want a soft squashy loaf - like for weet buns.
Sugar isn't necessary at all.