Pork Lard

lythande1, Dec 16, 6:17pm
Been hunting around for this.
In the end Aussie Butcher has offered to get it in for me, and are going to stock it regularly now.
Yay for the Aussie Butcher.

rainrain1, Dec 17, 3:48am
You'll get fat!

geldof, Dec 17, 4:14am
I make my own frequently.

lythande1, Dec 17, 6:02am
Well I'm not intending to eat i by the pottle. it's used for cooking.

rainrain1, Dec 17, 6:30am
:))) It was a joke.

gaspodetwd, Dec 17, 6:44am
You can't make decent pastry without it.

smallwoods, Dec 17, 7:19am
Don't use belly fat.

village.green, Dec 20, 12:27am
My supermarket has always sold it and local butcher. Lard is from pigs and Dripping is from cows. Most butchers sell both either in white pottles or they render their own, stocked in refrigerated meat section near the offal.

whitehead., Dec 20, 2:36am
your right crisp and tasty

whitehead., Dec 20, 2:37am
your right

uli, Dec 20, 3:05am
Our Pak'n'Save has it.
Both lard and dripping.

nauru, Dec 20, 4:42am
Uli, your pak n save also makes lovely pull apart bread, never found it as good from other stores. Sampled it with our picnic lunch on our last visit.

uli, Dec 20, 8:01am
Our Pak'n'Save is really great now since they have enlarged it - while we shopped every single day while they did it - I have no idea who masterminded that - but it was brilliant.

I could not believe how they anticipated their rebuild - and now we have not only a Deli - but they also cook for us. From simple things like roast chickens and pork, filled rolls etc to butter chicken and rice, roasted veges and all sorts of innovative things like peri peri chicken legs etc.

Hope next time you come up you will try it out again - half the town now buys lunch there :)

nauru, Dec 21, 4:11am
I was quite impressed with the deli and range of hot food available there. Saw big changes since our previous visit and the prices were good too.

uli, Mar 19, 3:58pm
Yes cheapest supermarket in town. And best turnover on the fish front too - always fresh! Maybe not as much choice as New World, but good quality.

Will be a sad crush from tomorrow :)