pasta machine

ahaaaaa, May 6, 5:31am
Does anyone have any feedback on these. I have been thinking of getting an imperia with flybuys points with the thought of making gluten free pasta for my daughter, but I'm not sure how successful this will be and am not wanting another useless gadget filling the cupboards.

samanya, May 6, 6:34am
I have no idea about that particular brand but I have an Italian Marcato ... it wasn't very expensive so would probably compare with the one you are looking at.
I use it a lot & make mostly fettuccine style pasta & at times add extras like basil or parsley & even spinach.
Any dough I have left over I freeze unmachined (if you know what I mean) successfully.
I have one of those pasta hanging thingys . . which I find essential for the initial drying.
It is so satisfying making your own pasta & I think it's way superior to the bought stuff.
You need to know what's in it, especially if you need gluten free for your daughter.
Only you know if you'd use it though, but I love mine.

cebas, May 6, 7:35am
I have an Imperia 150. Had it for 10 years and love it to bits. Good quality - the Imperia Titania ones are OK but smaller room under the roller bit which is I am told is a pain. Home made pasta is far superior to the shop stuff. Easy once you know how.

ahaaaaa, May 6, 1:02pm
Has anyone actually tried making pasta that is gluten free with one of these. Gluten free dough is very different to work with so am keen to hear from anyone who has experience with this.

cookessentials, May 6, 7:45pm
Both Imperia and Marcato are two of the best. It all depends on how much pasta you eat. I cannot say i know of any of my customers who make gluten free dough with theirs though. I dont think you get the same "stretch" with gluten free dough. Have you checked any of the gluten free sites?

ahaaaaa, May 6, 10:57pm
yes - I'm always looking for ideas.

samanya, Apr 9, 7:06am
I use mine for cannelloni, lasagne sheets etc.
For a cannelloni type dish, I wrap the pasta around the filling ... so much simpler than stuffing the dried stuff & it cooks way better.