MAN,S 80TH BIRTHDAY CAKE DECORATION

heathermay1, Mar 20, 2:43am
I AM REALLY STUMPED OF HOW TO DECORATE MY HUSBANDS CAKE. I AM REASONABLY ARTY BUT NO IDEAS ARE COMING INTO MY DUMB HEAD PLEASE HELP RUNNING OUT OF TIME

rainrain1, Mar 20, 2:47am
A can of Speights and some woolly sheep

What was his job, hobbies, etc?

heathermay1, Mar 20, 2:52am
MAN OF ALL TRADES FLYING SMALL FIXED WING PLANES LOVES FISHING GARDENING A BEER OR 2 ETC

cgvl, Mar 20, 2:55am
What about a gnome figure sitting with a fishing pole dangling into a pond with a beer beside it and maybe a plane overhead. Sort of thing, sorry not very good at describing what I mean can visualise it though.

asue, Mar 20, 3:02am
For family friends 70th he had a cake with a transferred photo (that was edible) of him fishing. (A bit like the transfers you can buy on here - they are good to use too if you are stuck). Maybe a visit to cake decorating shop/ or $2 shop and get some bits and pieces together to decorate as above.

maximus44, Mar 20, 3:37am
My father was a farmer so we put a plastic farmyard set with sheep etc and a chocolate sheep on a stick.

rainrain1, Mar 20, 4:35am
That sounds a bit Genghis Khan :-0

ed65, Mar 20, 5:45am
It's a bit boring compared to some of the ideas above but I decorated my father-in-law's cake with a bright coloured icing and found a wide masculine patterned ribbon which I 'wrapped' the top of the cake with and attached a matching bow on top - so it ended up looking like a present.

jenben1, Mar 20, 7:24am
google it heaps of ideas

l*****1, Mar 20, 8:30am
Have him fishing from a plane! Two layer cake of course.

heathermay1, Mar 21, 6:58am
linda I might just try that funny

sarahb5, Mar 21, 8:23am

findit1, Mar 21, 4:16pm
Quite alot of edible icing items in trade me. have used one myself and it turned out great. search edible icing.

valentino, Dec 8, 8:05am
Actually turn it into "This is your Life" theme using this example.

Can use either pics or "3D" images and could be very effective. just a lot of work artistic wise though. but possibilities are great.

The other reason is why wait until he has gone to state the nice things, do it now.

Cheeerssss.