Greek Cheese anyone?

village.green, Aug 3, 8:39am
If anyone is interested in Greek cheese, Taste of Greece in Browns Bay have just started stocking: Feta, Halloumi, Myzithra, Kefalotiri, Graviera (my favourite). My mum brought a kilo of Graviera back from Crete 3 weeks ago and I had a piece every day with bread - delish, now I can buy it in Palmerston North yay!

davidt4, Aug 3, 9:03am
Thanks for that. I'll make a trip over there soon !

ruby19, Aug 5, 7:29am
Great, I live in Browns Bay must pay them a visit.

awoftam, Aug 5, 8:42am
One of the things I so miss about living in Auckland is the diversity of cultures and the food that comes with it. I must do a food run soon!

uli, Aug 5, 8:51am
If you miss "about living in Auckland is the diversity of cultures and the food that comes with it. " - then you have no idea of how it is to live in the country. Where there are just 3 types of cheese in the little shops we call "supermarkets": Edam, Mild and Tasty . (tip: they all taste the same but have 3 different coloured wrappings . )

Come and live with us for a while and you will LOVE Auckland and all it has to offer.

Where do you come from originally?

awoftam, Aug 5, 8:54am
Whaaaat? I said I miss the diversity of cultures and the food that comes with it. I am from Auckland originally and now live in a small 'country' town. I don't get your post.

davidt4, Aug 5, 9:28am
I found your post perfectly clear. We are planning to move from Auckland to a country town next year and I am already working out how to manage food runs. I think some large chilly bins will be required.

awoftam, Aug 6, 6:17am
For sure they will! I love all the markets. OMG I dribble thinking about them. needless to say I do some things differently and others not at all unless I have been on a visit and then I come home laden.

unknowndisorder, Aug 6, 7:39am
Maybe some of us dorklanders should send care packages :)

awoftam, Aug 6, 7:48am
That would be awesome, thank you! I shall start my list.

unknowndisorder, Aug 6, 8:08am
sweet :) Postage Monday or Tuesday :) (let's make it Tuesday, gives me Monday to run around collecting stuff for you)

unknowndisorder, Aug 7, 9:38am
How is the list going then?

awoftam, Aug 8, 4:56am
Ha ha - it's HUGE lol I must plan a food run. Am in Tauranga and Rotorua next week so will hunt out some shops to raid while I am there.

unknowndisorder, Jan 15, 4:18pm
seriously, the offer is there. 50c auctions can be set up if required :)