Frozen cheese

bubbles22222, Jul 12, 8:46pm
Is that still ok to use. I packed away the groceries the other night and threw my frozen stuff still in a bag in the freezer then yesterday couldn't find my cheese :) and find it in the freezer . Would it be ok? Is it best for cooking? Would it still be ok to eat as is when defrosted? Any ideas thanks

rainrain1, Jul 12, 9:11pm
It will be as good as gold, but probably crumbly. I often freeze a block of cheese

datoofairy, Jul 12, 9:12pm
I buy big blocks of cheese when its on special, grate it in my food processor and freeze it. It never fully freezes so I can just take out what I need and put the rest back in the freezer.

rainrain1, Jul 12, 10:01pm
Yea grated's way better, I only freeze a solid block if I'm too lazy to grate it

herself, Jul 12, 10:48pm
I buy blue cheese and brie when on special and freeze. Perfect when defrosted.

sampa, Jul 13, 12:33am
That's a good tip to know thanks.

rarogal, Jul 13, 2:35am
At least it was cheese, lol. I did fhe same thing with a magazine!

fifie, Jul 13, 3:00am
do this also, its brilliant, keep a bag inside in fridge freezer and one outside in garage freezer that way I never run out.

uli, Jul 13, 4:30am
I buy everything on special and freeze it.

Swiss butchers sausages for example can be reduced from $9 to $3.50 for 2 because the next day they will be out of date - buy all packs that are reduced and freeze and enjoy a "real" sausages made of just meat rather than soybeans, grains, flavourings, colourings and preservatives and maybe 20% of meat - which is most likely mutton (hence the need for flavourings).

Buy the smoked salmon shavings down to $3 from $9.90 because they only have another day to go and freeze them.

Etc.

samanya, Mar 16, 2:20am
Me too.
It's common sense, huh? I don't need to, but I just can't help myself.