Cornflake biscuits

pugswal, Jun 28, 5:30am
Please could someone help with a cornflake biscuit recipe. It is the one that involves rolling balls of biscuit mix in cornflakes, then baking. Thanks.

245sam, Jun 28, 6:09am
pugswal, here's a couple of recipes for you from the former Trade Me Cooks.

"Cornflake Biscuits
125 grams of butter, 3/4 cup of sugar1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 & 1/2 cups of flour, 2 eggs, 1 cup of sultanas. cream butter and sugar add eggs then sultanas & dry ingredients. Drop spoonfulls into crushed cornflakes and cook at 180 for 20 mins
poster unknown

Cornflake Cookies
115g margarine 1/2 cup sugar (if sugar is a problem, use a substitute) 1 egg (or egg substitute) 1 cup rice flour (or wheat flour) 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup of sultanas or dates (optional) cornflakes to cover biscuits 1. Beat margarine and sugar. 2. Add egg, then sifted dry ingredients and fruit, if used. 3. Form into balls and roll in cornflakes. 4. Flatten on a baking tray. 5. Bake at 180°C for about 10-15 mins. (If travelling with these biscuits, put them in a small container as they can crumble).
posted by sam924"

Hope that helps. :-))

245sam, Jun 28, 7:27am
You're very welcome pugswal. :-))

rainrain1, Jun 28, 7:52am
•These are nice :)

Lemon Cornflake Biscuits
200gr softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1+1/4 cup flour
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 Tblsp custard powder
1+1/3 cups cornflour
Heat oven to 180dC. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar then add lemon zest. Sift flour and custard powder over creamed mixture, and stir to combine. Lastly stir in cornflakes.
Place heaped Tblsp of mixture on to trays. Bake 15 to 20min or until golden brown. Ice when cold with icing which you beat till creamy.
LEMON ICING
50gr softened butter
1+1/4 cups sifted icing sugar
juice of 1 lemon

marcs, Jun 29, 11:26am
This is the one my FIL gave me and I think it is out of a old Edmonds book.

Cornflake Cookies

125gr butter
125gr white sugar
1 egg
1tsp baking powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sultanas or chopped dates.
1 cup lightly crushed cornflakes

Preheat oven to 175ºC. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and cream again. Mix in the flour, baking powder and dates (other mixed fruits, raisins or apricots can be used if preferred) Mix until well combined. Roll teaspoonful of dough into cornflakes and place 2" apart on a lightly greased tray. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.

griffo4, Jun 30, 5:27am
Is that the right amount of flour and cornflour please?

rainrain1, Jun 30, 6:22am
No, no, no, no, no, the flour is correct, the other is meant to say
1+1/3 cups cornFLAKES. really truly sorry<

griffo4, Jun 30, 10:20pm
No worries and thanks for the update l just wanted to check first, l am running low on cornflour but have plenty of cornflakes

it is a shame we can't go back and edit later when you make a typo

245sam, Jun 30, 10:25pm
Agreed - there is a time frame of ¼ hour (I think it is) when a post can be edited but sometimes other things require attention during that time and even a minute or two over that time frame is frustratingly too late. :-))

griffo4, Apr 20, 5:10pm
Yes l agree you should be able to go back a day or two later and correct l have learnt to read through the whole thread to check for corrections to a recipe before l make them now
It is so easy to make a typo and not see it till much later or when someone questions you