Apple cake/loaf

unknowndisorder, Apr 7, 3:41am
Bump for Apple recipes

kay34, Apr 7, 5:51am
Annabel Langbein has one too, i make it often.

bella298, Apr 7, 5:54am
Sophie Gray has a recipe for a beautiful Apple Crumble Cake sorry don't have the recipe but if you google Apple Crumble Cake it should pop up.

sarahb5, Apr 7, 7:09am
http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/lifestyle/733509/Kai-with-Sole

Scroll down for hungry boy cake - moist and delicious, contains cinnamon and made with oil - very popular with teenage boys and easy to make too

slimgym, Apr 11, 6:24pm
do you ice an apple cake

also do you just cook it in a normal cake tin.
Just having a really dim moment

huca1, Apr 15, 7:49am
I never have

yes normal tin or a loaf tin I have done mine in a slice tray type too
get a slightly different texture each way

slimgym, Apr 15, 10:24pm
I actually already made it, loved it husband has taken recipe to work, he works in a cafe, so easy to do, I didnt ice it, but next time I will try putting walnuts in

bev00, Jun 29, 10:05am
Digby Law - Wild Apple Cake
Hi, have just seen your message and as it is well over 12 hours since your post this may be too late but will post the recipe for next time.
3 Cups grated apple
2 Cups raw sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup cooking oil
2 Cups wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Put grated apple into a china or glass bowl with the sugar and leave overnight to liquefy.
Beat eggs and add with all other ingredients to apple sugar mix. It will be quite sloppy. Pour into well greased tin and bake in moderate oven (180C) for approx. 1 hour.
In a microwave oven us a large well greased ring tin and cook on Medium for 8 minutes, then on High for a further 2 minutes. Serves 10
Hope this is of some help and maybe it is not too late for you.
kind regards

rojin (1071 1071 positive feedback) 1:07 pm, Sat 28 Jun #2

viking60, Sep 23, 12:49am
I've been looking for a recipe for a cake or loaf with apple and cinnamon in it and preferably made with oil rather than butter (for the moistness). Can't find one in my recipe books. Does anyone have a nice recipe please.

245sam, Sep 23, 1:03am
viking60, for a beautifully moist loaf I recommend the following recipe. It does have butter but only 2 tbsp although I guess that could be replaced with oil - not something I have done though.

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Apple-and-Date-Loaf

Suggested variations to the recipe as in the FIAM recipe book I have are:
• Use NZ dried apricots instead of dates.
• Used mixed peel instead of crystallised ginger and replace the ground ginger with mixed spice or ground cardamom (IMO you could use cinnamon if you wish).
• Use brown sugar instead of white sugar.

Hope that helps. :-))

viking60, Sep 23, 1:16am
Thanks. Was thinking that the apples will make it moist anyway so will try with butter.

viking60, Sep 23, 1:21am
Just looked at recipe and it has dates which I don't like so will try replacing them with sultanas and use diced stewed apple and see what happens.

griffo4, Sep 26, 6:57am
Just had this recipe pop up on FB, l have not made it

One Bowl Apple Cake - This cake is so moist and rich and just perfect for this time of year. (and easy to make!)

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
6 medium Gala or Fuji or Honey Crisp apples
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil. Peel and slice the apples and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.) Mix together the baking powder and flour and add to the ingredients in the bowl. Mix well (best with a fork) until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients. Pour mixture into a greased one 9x13 or two 9″ round pans. Bake for approximately 55 minutes.

huca1, Sep 26, 8:54pm
The hummingbird bakery has a lovely one in one of their books (the first book I think) which also has chocolate chips in (you can easily leave them out)

It must be about 1000 calories a slice though, since it contains masses of sugar and fat.

I was slowly reducing both with no ill effect

Sorry I can't add recipe I have lost it!

ruby2shoes, Sep 26, 10:09pm
Fresh Apple Cake
1 & 3/4 cups chopped apples (I use any type), 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, beaten, 1/2 cup salad oil, 1 & 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/2 cup seedless raisins (opt), 1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt).
Add sugar to the chopped apples and let stand 10 mins.
Sift together all dry ingredients.
Add the well beaten egg and salad oil to the apple and sugar mixture - then add the dry ingredients and mix all together until well moistened.
Add nuts and raisins if using them (I never have).
Bake in oven around 190C for 40 mins using large pan (I use 26cmx23cm pan, but I double the mixture).
This is so easy to make, is lovely for morning teas at work, also nice as a dessert, out of the oven with vanilla ice cream.

samanya, Sep 28, 5:55am
Hi 245sam, I made this today, with dates & ginger & I had to wing it a bit, as I had no tinned apple. I doubled it up to make a loaf & some muffins & the flavour is just lovely. The mixture was a bit dry so I figured that the 5 cooked apples I used, should have been 6 or more, but it's a delicious combination & is not too dry once cooked & I'll definitely give it another try, with a little more apple.

marcs, Apr 23, 5:17pm
Jo Seagar has a Apple Clove cake on her site.